Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Behind every phenomenal human achievement, there is a team. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, our products help teams all over the planet advance humanity through the power of software. Atlassian’s mission is to help fuel the potential of every team!The Atlassian Security Team's purpose is to build trust. We seek to lead our peers in cloud and product security, meet all customer requirements and exceed requirements for industry security standards and certifications. Do you believe an organization should be open and transparent about its programs, processes, and metrics? We do. This is why we share our journey and encourage other cloud providers to do the same.We are looking for a leader that can help grow and lead our security team for years to come, while working in concert with the broader Trust Organization and all of Atlassian. About the Role:
Collaborating with the Chief Information Security Officer, the Director/Head of Threat Detection and Response and SOC, will lead a distributed team of over 70+ security engineers and analyst. The Security Intelligence program includes Threat Detection & Engineering, Security Incident Response, Security Operation/SIRT, Threat Intelligence and Forensics. You'll build relationships across our company with teams including Engineering, Product, Communications and PR, Legal, and Finance. You'll be part of senior security leadership for Atlassian.
A successful candidate will:
- Provide strategic direction, set objectives and structure and resource the organization and the work in a way that improves the impact of the team and provides a paved path to a leadership position among SaaS providers. Report updates on programs, roadmaps and OKRs with proper metrics, and present to CISO and Exec team.
- Proved ability to build high performing teams. Hire and retain top talent, managers and individual contributors, across various programs. Hold high bar but still meet our aggressive hiring goals. The team is expected to double in the next 2-3 years.
- Grow the Security Programs and Capabilities to an industry-leading position, finding opportunities to improve our existing approach and helping to guide the team to unlock that potential.
- Handle cyber risk management and cyber intelligence - to understand developing security threats in the industry and evaluating the potential impact to our customers and our business.
- Drive teams to conduct high quality incident response process, drive timely remediation and communicate with internal and external collaborators during incidents. Follow up incidents with comprehensive postmortems and drive improvements across various teams involved.
- Lead security program planning and implementation - Evaluating, crafting, procuring, and rolling out security technology and programs, and making sure we are deploying the best of breed solutions that are crafted to exceed the high expectations set by our customers.
- Builds Trust internally, being the voice of Security inside and outside of Atlassian. They will also adopt Atlassian’s commitment to openness, enabling the company to talk openly about our approach to security. Over the next few years, this leader will advance Atlassian’s goal to be a recognized leader SIRT, Threat detection & response.
- Collaborate with other security teams like Product Security, Corp Sec, Infrastructure security, and more. Also coordinates cross-functional responses to security issues and incidents
- Enable governance and partner with our Risk and Compliance team, as well as internal and external auditors and regulators to ensure Atlassian’s security meets a wide range of industry compliance and legal requirements. (SOC2, ISO, FedRAMP, HIPAA, etc.)
What we are looking for:
Our perks & benefits
- At least 10+ years of multifaceted security leadership and management experience in a technology-centric company, including experience leading security teams of 50+ engineers and analysts in a globally distributed organization that services dozens of partners.
- Diverse experience working at technology companies across different type of businesses and across various stages of the growth private/public. Experience working at larger SaaS companies is highly desired.
- Prior to taking on Management roles, candidate has hands on experience designing and deploying security controls across all security intelligence functions like threat detection, response and Operations as an Individual Contributor.
- Knowledge or hands on experience with other domains of security like access management, data protection, vulnerability management, application security, network security, preventive, detective and offensive security solutions is a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization; this includes both written and verbal communications and drive multi-functional alignment and action.
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub