Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Reporting to our VP of Business Integrity and Privacy, we are seeking a junior to mid level attorney to serve as Compliance Counsel. This position is ideal for an entrepreneurial subject matter expert seeking an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, fully distributed global enterprise and build upon its evolving compliance program. The ideal candidate shares our belief that compliance enables company growth for long-term sustainability, enjoys leveraging their creative side for program execution, and is a strong communicator who is able to work with multiple stakeholders to navigate complex issues and deliver results. We will consider candidates located anywhere in the United States or Canada.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist with the design, administration, implementation and evolution of our Business Integrity program.
- Partner with business and functional stakeholders to implement a cross-functional, enterprise-wide compliance program that takes a practical, risk-based approach to managing compliance risks.
- Investigate potential legal, regulatory or policy violations.
- Partner with our training SME to develop, update and deliver compliance related training.
- Conduct vendor and customer due diligence.
- Partnering with our Legal Operations team, assist with the selection and implementation of compliance software solutions.
- Prepare quarterly reports on compliance program activities and support the VP of Business Integrity with Board and other executive level reporting requirements.
- Manage the company’s ethics hotline, email inbox, and case management process.
Minimum Qualifications (Must-Haves):
- Minimum of 4 years of legal experience, including at least 2 years in house.
- Law degree and actively licensed to practice law.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High standards of ethics, professional integrity, and discretion.
- Experience implementing or administering a compliance program that conforms to the DOJ’s guidance on effective compliance programs.
- Experience leading internal investigations and partnering with HR, ER, Internal audit
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary, to support colleagues around the globe.
- Anti-corruption experience including training and due diligence.
- Proficiency with presentation software such as MS Powepoint or its equivalents.
- Are you a consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humor who can collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients throughout the organization? Then Elastic is the place for you!
Bonus Qualifications (Nice to Haves):
- We prefer candidates with experience in technology companies and/or tech-forward global enterprises.
- Experience with third party risk management principles and due diligence software tools.
- Compliance certifications, such as the CCEP or LPEC are a plus, but not required.
- Experience in crisis management and response is a plus.
- Hands-on project management experience, including the ability to manage implementation of new workflows or processes would be a big plus.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.