Specializes in growing existing customer spend and footprint with Onica by Rackspace. Responsible for providing customers with product solutions based on facts and understanding of customers' business needs and strategies. Owns opportunities through the full sales cycle from lead to close. Engage in solution-based selling with customers looking for sales/service/marketing solutions. Possess an understanding of consulting and professional services. May use experience and appreciation for professional services to understand the technology platform. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
- Receives minimal instructions on routine work, general instructions on new projects or assignments.
- May provide guidance and training to new team members.
- Decisions impact the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own function/client group.
- Contributions may result in business or process improvements.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment and applies past experiences in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Drives cross-functional collaboration to give potential customers a seamless experience across Rackspace through sales, implementation and onboarding, and Account Management hand-off.
- Gathers and collaborates with internal resources (Specialist Sellers, Portfolio Architects, Specialized Architects, Pro Serv) so that consistent, aligned solutions are presented to potential customers.
- Recommends resource allocation to ensure right level of subject matter expertise.
- Networks with key contacts external to the specialty area.
- Conducts analysis of pursuits and develop best practices.
- Shares knowledge with stakeholders in strategic pursuit, support, and sales organization.
- SALES CYCLE: 1 – 6 Months.
- MidMarket segment customers.
- Customer centric mindset, with the ability to interface with support team on a daily basis.
- Moderate to complex configurations.
- Sells to mid to upper-level management
- Architect high-level solutions as part of assembling an overall estimate cost of services for implementation.
- Coordinates with Account Manager to build simplified account plans.
- Coordinates with Marketing, Account Manager, and SDR to determine targeted marketing plays.
- Leads sales process for all Rackspace solutions.
- Seeks new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Meets virtually with qualified leads to better understand customer needs and provide proposals.
- Leads efforts to create proposal for solution to prove value add.
- Leads the negotiation, closure, and documentation of customer renewals for customers.
- Works with Account Manager to invest in higher service levels for a customer with low MRR but high wallet and to identify and pursue opportunities for upgrades, cross-selling, and upselling.
- Experienced professional using best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Works independently, but receives some guidance and direction from manager then determines best approach to accomplish work.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Meets or exceeds sales targets.
- Meets or exceeds pipeline targets.
- Ensures documentation necessary for the deal is properly maintained and updated and provides leadership updates on status, resources, and financial information.
- Creates advocates out of clients by delivering fanatical customer experience and leverages client advocates to drive additional sales.
- Ensures all relevant data and reporting into CRM in timely fashion.
- Must have the experience and business savvy necessary to interact directly with CTO, CIO, VP and other senior roles within the customer organization.
- Must have the business connections to gain access to new customers through self-directed referrals and customer penetration activities.
- Requires solid understanding of the processes, procedures and systems used to accomplish the work and in-depth familiarity with the broader underlying concepts in own job family/job discipline. Applies understanding of how the team relates to other closely related areas to improve efficiency of own team.
- Able to effectively communicate over the phone, through email, and face-to-face.
- Able to communicate the same message in a different way to both technical and business-oriented people. Superior ability to adapt messages to stakeholders at all levels of the company, from CTO level to front-line technical support.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Goal oriented with superior work ethic.
- Able to influence others in decision-making.
- Superior negotiation skills and the ability to negotiate with many personality types.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work numerous projects at once.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high level of patience and the ability to nurture.
- Able to develop and manage internal and external business relationships of various temperaments, talents and convictions.
Are you a Racker?
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or a related field required.
- At the manager’s discretion a High school diploma or equivalent plus an additional 4 years of relevant sales experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Requires 10 – 12 years successful B2B sales experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in technology or a related industry.
- Successful account management/IB sales experience, incorporating value/service selling in business or marketing required.
- Ideally 2+ years of experience in the product ecosystem either in Sales, Pre-Sales or Service Delivery.
- Experience in all facets of sales: outbound lead generation, follow up, pipeline management, training, and closing skills required.
- Documented success in closing revenue generating business and successful history working under a quota required.
Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire learning, growing, and innovating. They are mission-inspired, values-grounded, culture-focused, and dedicated to making a positive impact in everything they do. Rackers are inherently wired to solve problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams. As experts in what they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical Experience™ to our customers. Rackers are valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to join the Racker family! Why work at Rackspace Technology?Find your fanatical
. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and feed millions. Come as you are
. Cultivating inclusion is not just the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as Rackspace’s participation in the annual Texas Conference for Women. Satisfy your curiosity
. No matter where you are going, we can help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace University®, provides training and development to Rackers – from Microsoft™ certifications to effective leadership training – our goal is to help you grow. Make a difference
. At the core of every Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for Rackers to give their time and talent to others. Live life completely
. We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced lifestyle. So while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take care of our Rackers. #LI-BO1 #LI-Remote “The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and the New York City Pay Transparency Act. This applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado or in New York City. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado and New York City applicants for this role is $138,000 – $204,600 CO and $162,700 – $238,590 for NYC.
Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits
offered is here.”About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.