Manager, Information Security
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
- 2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
- 2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
We are looking for a hands-on Manager, Information Security to join our cyber security team. This role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the programs Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing, Email Security, and Insider threat) program. The position is responsible for the planning, design, and the support of the Security Engineering and Security Operations and Compliance functions and all its components. This role is also expected to be able to troubleshoot complex problems with little oversight, take ownership and work independently as needed to resolve issues.
- Lead team of Information Security analysts and engineers to promote information security services, while maintaining stability and governance, and putting team to success.
- Help develop the Information Security strategy to identify gaps in security posture and drive the implementation of risk remediation programs and continuous improvements.
- Serves as the primary Information Security threat expert keeping apprised of emerging and ongoing industry trends as well as the most likely strategies needed to mitigate the threats.
- Participate in the software design life cycle, total cost of ownership of security appliances, application security, and infrastructure services.
- Develop and enhance real-time monitoring of security threats, detection, and proactive response of security incidents and intrusion – enterprise wide
- Develops key input into the development of cyber security strategies, employing existing and new resources required to mitigate the ever-changing threat landscape.
- Perform comprehensive risk analysis of new and existing business initiatives and processes.
- Manages the development and delivery of Information Security standards, best practices, architecture, and systems to ensure information system security across the enterprise.
- Establish process to Identify and monitor all applications, systems, and assets on the network
- Implement KPI/KRI metrics for continuous improvement as well as information regarding the overall security hygiene of the environment
- Managing the event monitoring and triaging processes to detect and respond to events quickly and efficiently. Perform correlations to improve event tracking and incident detection processes
- Managing project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagements
- Serves as organizational point person for business-critical incidents
- Manage recruitment, training, and development for security staff
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team- oriented work environment and play an active role in counseling and mentoring team members
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- 7+ years experience in an Information Security or Information Technology with 3+ years of work experience leading Information Security teams
- Expertise in working with colleagues throughout the firm and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Knowledge of major cloud service providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and associated technologies • Expertise in security measures such as network access controls, network segmentation, firewalls, and intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
- Experience and familiarization with a variety of information, application, and network security monitoring tools (SIEM, EDR/XDR, IDS/IPS, firewall, WAF, SAST, DAST, IAST, among others) • Understanding of vulnerability management (VM) and application security (AppSec) management
- Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation and to learn and adapt quickly
- Proven success in developing, implementing, sustaining, and enhancing enterprise information security and risk management programs.
- Decision-making capabilities, with an ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CIPP or similar security or data privacy certification is a plus.
- Accountable for the successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by adjusting priorities or processes and approaching as needs dictate.
- Work independently as a team representative of InfoSec as well as showing excellent teamwork skills.
- Good understanding of system and network hardening practices.
Culture & Core Values
- InfoSec team is comprised of independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape Apex Fintech Solutions.
- We strive to build and maintain a collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by Open and Honest Communication; Teamwork and Collaboration; Involving Everyone; Leaders Who Serve; and Personal Accountability
- 28 days annual leave plus 10 NI national holidays
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Private health insurance for medical and dental
- Life Insurance
- Great work/life balance and flexible working hours • Monthly catered lunches
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Poker tournaments
- Charitable matching gift program
#IT #mid-senior #full-time