KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex problems, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow.The People Compliance Services team within KPMG’s Risk Consulting division works with businesses across a wide variety of sectors to assess their level of compliance with employment legislation and employment agreements through modelling and analysis over operational and payroll data.
- We are looking to hire a new team member who will have the opportunity to grow our service offerings through end-to-end development of model-based solutions and analytical tools
- You could be an Assistant Manager with at least 4 years+ of experience and looking for the next step or could be a manager already working in the industry and always interested in consulting work
Day to day you will:
- Work closely with clients to understand business requirements and translate this into innovative analytical and model requirements.
- Develop models, dashboard, and data analysis tools to perform scenario-based analytics, calculations over client operational and payroll data and review of wider information.
- Work closely with a number of different KPMG specialists across different service lines, including Data Science, wider Risk Consulting and Tax teams.
- Look after projects and ensure delivery on time and within in budget. Mentoring junior analysts, to support them to achieve their full potential.
- Support on strategic planning of the service offering, quality/risk control etc.
What you'll bring to our team:
Life at KPMG
- At least 4 years of experience in data analytics.
- Coding experience required, preferably in R. Python, MSSQL are plus.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant fields such as (but not limited to): Statistics, Math, Engineering Science, Computer Science etc.
- Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects with tight deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions.
- Able to communicate solutions to complex issues in a simple, accessible way.
- Knowledge and familiarity with payroll data is an advantage but not a requirement.
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu jabs, subsidised sporting events, access to EAP, additional leave to support you if you are diagnosed with COVID-19, access to e-bikes and other facilities. You will also have access to our Wellbeing@KPMG portal which has an extensive array of health and wellness advice. — Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance as well as access to technology to get your 'home hub' set up.— Work from Overseas policy – extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.— Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers— Unlimited access to digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.— Corporate discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.— Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.— Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.— Time off for volunteering. — Eligibility to our annual discretionary bonus scheme. — Opportunities for local and international secondments. We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.