Network Security Devops Engineer IV - Canada
Canada - Montreal•CanadaNorth AmericaMontrealQuebecCanadaNorth America•June 9, 2023
Job Summary: In this dynamic client facing role, you will be a member of a major customer’s Technical Operation Centre (TOC) team. This collaborative group is responsible for delivering improved business outcomes through continuous improvement of the IT infrastructure, with a particular focus on tooling and automation. The TOC has been put front and center of the customer’s IT strategy on how they are going to contribute to the business’s success.The TOC, whilst not responsible for day to day troubleshooting and management on the network, will be responsible for continuously refining and automating those processes through the practice of Network Reliability Engineering. A further core aim of the TOC is to enable a fully observable network, with rich telemetry data available to maximize reliability and performance through predictive analytics and AI/ML. The Professional Services NetworkSecurity EngineerIVisakeyelementwithintheRackspaceProfessional Servicesteam and is expected to provide a high level of technical expertise to ensure the continual improvement of critical networking tooling solutions. We are seeking a mix of skills across network and systems engineering, data analytics, network automation. Proficiency in all skills below is not required, but a willingness to learn is. Equally important to skillset is mindset. We are looking for people that are passionate about continuous improvement and operational excellence. The right candidate will bring software engineering thinking to the network environment and will instinctively seek to solve problems using ‘network as code’. Work Location: Onsite (Montreal, Quebec)
- Analyse datasets from across the network and deliver meaningful insight to support better business decision making.
- Determine, discover, and capture network event data needed to support effective monitoring. Items include but not limited to; tuning SNMP MIB parameters to capture items such as QoS performance, packet loss, latency, and memory usage.
- Network Reliability Engineering - automate as much of the BAU network management as possible.
- Plan and execute in depth technical activity, influencing the direction of activities/plans and providing technical insight and guidance to others.
- Create automated network provisioning workflows using tools such as Yang, NETCONF, XML, Ansible, Python etc.
- Plan and execute in depth technical activity, influencing the direction of activities and providing technical insights and guidance to others.
- French and English Speaking is a key requirement
- 7+ years of networking experience in a command-line oriented environment
- Familiarity with the following- JIRA, Ansible, Jenkins, Python, Docker
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with Cisco DNA Centre
- 4+ years’ experience configuration and problem resolution for OSPF and/or BGP
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer facing role
- CCIE-level aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to provide solutions with precision during high- pressure situations Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in CanadaCyber Security Jobs in North AmericaCyber Security Jobs in MontrealCyber Security Jobs in QuebecCyber Security Jobs in CanadaCyber Security Jobs in North America