At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security. Protecting our customers and their families is a tremendous responsibility, so we are growing our Information Security teams to help build, develop, and drive our security program. With each release, we have new and complex problems to unravel.
As the Director of Information Security, you will report directly to the CISO and be part of a fast-paced organization with a primary mission to provide world class service to development and internal departments ensuring our employees are supported and our systems perform at the highest level. This individual will be responsible for joining the Information Security team and provide leadership across SimpliSafe while ensuring the success of the Information Security team and program. You will work in a fast changing, unstructured, and fluid environment to see to the tactical and operational execution of the security program.
- Design, implement, and manage our overall information security management system
- Align with enterprise business strategy, gain executive approval and support, and oversee the successful execution of these strategies
- Collaborate with Engineering and other lines of business to identify threats and design technical controls
- Develop, trains, and mentor the Information Security team to grow their technical and professional capabilities
- Responsibilities for security operations including secure coding, security engineering, privacy, security analysis, incident response, governance, risk, compliance, and auditing
- Information security is everyone’s responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at SimpliSafe is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company Information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role.
- You have 5+ years of experience in security leadership
- You were a developer or have worked in a development based company
- One or more industry recognized certification (preferred): CISSP, CISM, Security+
- You have strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- You love building relationships with teammates across multiple functional business units
- You want to protect people and their data
- Have a curious, investigative mind (able to be “in the weeds”), but you are known for communicating complex ideas simply to technical, non-technical, and executive audiences
- You are comfortable in a dynamic and high-paced environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, self-motivated, results-driven and well organized.
- Experience with explosive growth and variable requirements
- Knowledge of security technology and how they impact the business
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.