About CoalfireCoalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world. But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference. And we’re growing fast.We’re looking for a Consultant to support our Healthcare Security Assurance Enterprise team.Position SummaryWe are looking for a consultant to work as part of a team assessing the security and compliance of client firms against regulatory and industry requirements and standards, and against security best practice frameworks. This role will have a strong understanding of framework requirements, perform audit/assessments, and develop reports for clients. They will work closely with Project Managers, Directors and other Delivery team members to effectively manage project timelines and deliverables A Security Consultant enhances clients security posture and business processes affecting information security and data privacy through technical evaluation of governance programs. A Consultant will regularly interact with peers and clients as both an auditor and assessor, depending on the engagement. This role will evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls supporting management systems and will help to identify improvement opportunities. A consultant will test technical controls, policies and procedures, laws, regulations, and industry best practices. This role facilitates Security Control Assessments and other advanced-level monitoring activities, often within cloud-based environments. To succeed, he/she will need a strong understanding of technical and non-technical security related system controls and an understanding of the various testing methods utilized to ascertain the effectiveness of those controls. The role works in a team atmosphere with an experienced Technical Project Lead, and is assigned technical sections and expected to create client-ready deliverables.
What You'll Do
- Work collaboratively with a team of assessors as a compliance specialist in at least one area of expertise and assist with the planning of assessment for clients
- Draft audit programs that sufficiently address both the required objectives of the regulatory body and the complexity of the client environment
- Autonomously leads interview and inquiry walkthroughs with clients to determine the conformity of environments against stated requirements
- Assess security vulnerabilities against the appropriate security frameworks
- First-level reviewer of drafted audit planning and reporting materials
- Pursues and corroborates conclusions derived from inquiry procedures with client while ensuring diligent interview notes are captured
- Offline and remote evidence inspection of client provided documentation; appropriately mark artifacts requiring follow-up or additional clarification
- Assess client provided documentation for compliance with a variety of standards
- Partner with senior members to prepare and review assessment reports.
- Educate and interpret compliance activities for clients
- Manage priorities and tasks to achieve delivery utilization targets
- Ensures quality products and services are delivered on time per Coalfire quality standards.
- Continuous professional development; maintain industry specific certifications, depth of knowledge, credentials, and designations
- Collaborates and communicates successfully with project managers, quality management and/or other delivery team members to drive customer satisfaction and meet project deliverables.
- Establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Identifies upsell and cross sell opportunities and escalates to appropriate leadership
- Execute, examine, interview and test procedures in accordance with the appropriate control
- Ensure cyber security policies are adhered to and that required controls are implemented
- Understands how to apply quality standards and adheres to a minimum benchmark for quality assurance throughout the documentation of each work product or deliverable
- Provides advice to customers on issues affecting the scope of work in a manner that provides additional value
- Develop documentation and author recommendations associate with your findings on how to improve the customer’s security posture in accordance with appropriate controls
- Travel to meet with clients as needed up to 25%
What You'll Bring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including quick response time the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Strong Consulting skills: ability to advise and challenge the status quo while building strong relationships
- Ability to build high-trust relationships, rapport and credibility quickly
- Strong personal initiative to appropriately manage time and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and quality
- Computer and typing skills that permit rapid data collection and note taking
- Has a sense of urgency and ability to multi-task
- Ability to participate and facilitate meetings to small or large groups
- Public speaking and executive presence that solicits attention
- Inquisitive and curious nature with the ability to effectively probe for deeper information
- Diplomatic and broad minded
- Strong technical researcher
- Bachelor's degree (four-year college or university) or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business.
- At least one information security certification, such as CISSP, CISA, or CIA (or willing to obtain one of these certifications)
- 1+ years of experience as an IT Consultant, IT auditor, Business Analyst, or similar role
- General knowledge of IT audit procedures and cyber security best practices
- Experience and demonstrated ability to independently research a technical topic and develop logical testing approaches
- Experience and demonstrated ability to lead testing sessions for assigned controls.
- Demonstrated experience reading and interpreting security framework criteria
- Expertise in security frameworks and regulatory requirements (such as SOC 2, ISO, NIST, COBIT, HIPAA/HITECH, HITRUST or PCI).
- Experience working with technologies hosted via cloud computing environments (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Why you'll want to join usAt Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, and comprehensive insurance options. At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $64,000 to $112,000 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs.#LI-HW2#LI-Remote