Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Compliance Officer - Philippines to strengthen our compliance team. Based in the Philippines, you will work with a growing team of multidisciplinary specialists (Product, Treasury, Bank Product, Security, Financial Crime) to help build world class products in the Philippines. You’ll also manage and strengthen the teams’ relationships with regulators by being the Regulator’s first point of contact, keeping everybody informed and protecting our most valuable asset - our customers.
This role is located in the Philippines. Please submit your application, resume and cover letter in English.
- Improve the compliance product in line with our mission to be instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free.
- Maintain our regulatory licence for Philippines: (i) regulatory liaison, (ii) regulatory reporting and filing, and be a champion of our compliance framework in audits.
- Build trust with our regulator: manage and coordinate meaningful reporting internally and externally, respond to information requests, and proactively communicate product changes and notifiable events.
- Lobby and champion for any regulatory changes that may impact Wise operations in the Philippines.
- Maintain compliance frameworks, policies and documentation and lead in regulatory audits.
- Develop systems to track and monitor our regulatory and fincrime risks, compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Educate teams about Philippines regulatory requirements, and empower teams to build risk based processes which are clearly documented.
- Scrutinise and test compliance programs, including quality assurance, analyse findings and work with Operational teams to develop our risk based approach, provide constructive feedback and be responsible for resolutions, including addressing any audit findings.
- Adapt your focus on different compliance issues depending on growth plans and compliance needs.
- Work with global Product and Operational teams in Singapore, Hungary, and Estonia, and travel to our operational offices.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know many teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them understand the regulatory framework and bring together the information that our regulators need.
- Help keep compliance right at the heart of our product developments and new initiatives by horizon-scanning for new regulatory developments and sharing these with the teams.
A bit about you:
If you have a background in payments or other financial regulation, great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation, then this role could be perfect for you!
- Theory. You are an expert in payment system regulatory and financial crime compliance and may be currently working, have worked, or work directly with Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) or Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
- Practice. You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products. You have thought deeply about the Wise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- Passion. You get a kick out improving current practices and processes and can apply different compliance strategies to develop multiple compliance frameworks.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Detail. You have meticulous attention to detail and if you’ve skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I’m sure a bank would love to have you. Please add the secret word “broccoli” into the cover letter uploaded to your application.
- Development. You’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities of working at a fast growing scale-up and are looking to get into FinTech or payments compliance. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Location and Language. Location. Must be willing to travel, subject to government regulations. You must be fluent in English and Tagalog.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.