Sr. Network Systems Server Engineer
Rochester, MN•RochesterMinnesotaUnited StatesNorth America•June 10, 2023
Marco is a one-stop shop for all things business tech. Our employees are “movers and shakers” and our company is always striving to do what’s right. Does this sound like a culture you want to be a part of? We’re hiring a new team member to help take Marco’s technology further – working full-time, Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm. More about us. We do it all – from copy and print solutions to IT and managed services. We are an organization led by salespeople with 650+ engineers ready to fix any and all issues. We have offices in 12 states and service nationally. Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.The Senior Network Systems Engineer is responsible for providing quality services and solutions to our clients while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction. You will routinely perform project-based installations and service-based repair calls at client locations and will occasionally assist the Managed Services group. You are responsible for design, management, administration and integration of products, services, applications and operating level systems code. You will handle responsibilities from basic system installations to the overall architecture and design of custom solutions.
- Engineer the design, installation, support and maintenance of production networks and systems to completion.
- Integrate and/or consolidate servers and services between different client business units and technologies.
- Design, integrate and maintain high-performance network back-up applications including Veeam and Nimble SAN.
- Design, integrate and maintain high-performance groups of Windows servers for resource-intensive network applications including advanced data center solutions, virtualization and storage. This could also include VMWare, Vcenter, V-Sphere, along with Azure back-up and migration.
- HPE Server installation and troubleshooting, which includes HPE SimpliVity.
- Develop and follow Marco best practices and operational procedures and create visual and written documentation.
- Analyze system utilization, perform growth analysis and capacity planning and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Provide on-call support advice and technical support to various users/clients regarding operational/applications issues.
- Install new and/or upgraded software on server and client platforms.
- Design archive and backup systems. Work closely with client’s technical staff to ensure that backup and archiving designs and procedures are implemented properly.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
- Provide mentoring for junior Marco IT service staff.
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment and/or systems.
- Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, client orientated team including assisting Sales Representatives in performing presales, development of processes and procedures along with Statement of Work (SOW) refinements.
- Maintain parts inventory.
- Accurately maintain documentation and comply with service administrative procedures in a timely basis to include pick tickets, collecting client signatures and time entry.
- Plan and manage projects independently.
- Consistently maintain a revenue-to-wage ratio of 2.5 or above.
- Bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current high level industry recognized certifications including one or more of the following: Microsoft certifications AZ-140, 70-414, HPE ASE, VMWare, VMCE
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of personal insurance and an acceptable driving record.
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in RochesterCyber Security Jobs in MinnesotaCyber Security Jobs in United StatesCyber Security Jobs in North America