Threat Intelligence Analyst III - US
United States - Remote•United StatesNorth America•March 19, 2023
Responsible for ensuring that Rackspace identifies and assesses threats to its network and data, monitors its network for malicious activity, investigates intrusions and other relevant events, and has a sophisticated and detailed understanding of the evolving threat landscape.** Experience with Opensource** Experience with Intel Platforms** Darkweb Experience
- Leads efforts to assess and disseminate information on threats related to the enterprise in regard to current vulnerability by managing and developing an emerging threat model.
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge of new and emerging threats that can affect the organization's information assets through OSINT and commercial research and documents these findings in briefings which are presented to leadership.
- Reviews other team members threat intelligence documentation and provides feedback and opportunities for enrichment. Uses this information to identify patterns and develop strategic recommendations to improve the threat intelligence program at Rackspace.
- Documents threat intelligence research and observations in tickets and written artifacts, identifies mitigating/ compensating controls, and applies detection sets to the tooling.
- Works closely with systems administrators on monitoring and performance issues for optimization purposes.
- Drive security monitoring tuning in effort to eliminate false positives.
- Collaborate with system owners for areas of responsibility in effort to baseline environments.
- Conducts analysis using a variety of tools and data sets to identify indicators of malicious activity on the network. Leads threat analysis activities during response activities related to computer security incidents.
- Provide accurate and priority driven analysis on cyber activity/threats. Perform payload analysis of packets. Detonate malware to assist with threat research.
- Provides analysis of proposed countermeasures/detection activities and determines the best course of action. Implements or provides guidance to other team members on how to implement the actions identified.
- Collaborates with incident response analysts to provide indications and warnings, and contributes to predictive analysis of malicious activity.
- Participate in root cause analysis or lessons learned sessions.
- Write technical articles for knowledge sharing.
- Monitor threat actors and related threat objects for items of interest to Rackspace and keep information up to date. Work with the ISOC teams to emulate attacker activity.
- Deploys new rules and rule sets as released by the vendors and works with the ISOC teams to implement applicable Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) into tooling.
- Creates and disseminates guidance on the teams activities including developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other runbooks.
- Perform product evaluations and provide feedback on security products and services.
- Represent Security Operations interests while building and maintaining successful relationships across multiple teams.
- Significant practical experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Significant practical experience with networking protocols and systems administration.
- Significant practical experience with log, network, and system forensic investigation techniques.
- Significant practical experience with TCP/IP Networking and knowledge of the OSI model.
- Significant practical experience with Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems and custom rule writing.
- Practical experience with packet analysis (Wireshark) and malware analysis.
- Practical experience with common programming or scripting languages, including applying concepts to develop automation.
- Significant practical experience identifying common indicators of compromise and of methods for detecting these incidents.
- Significant practical experience monitoring threats via a SIEM console.
- Significant practical experience performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources, to include individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, or intrusion prevention logs.
- Experience with leveraging all source intelligence analysis.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills - ability to de-construct problems.
- Typically requires 7+ years experience performing threat research and implementation of rules and IOCs into tooling.
- Experience applying ethical hacker techniques, phishing schemes, evaluating emerging logical security threats, and compromised server techniques preferred
- Current GREM, GCIH, GCIA Certifications and related certifications preferred
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Remote jobsFull Time jobsForensic jobsEthical Hacker jobsAnalyst jobsIncident Response jobsWindows jobs