Sr. Product Security Engineer
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Our open source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software.
We are looking for Product Security Engineers to help scale our product security function, which works closely with engineering & product management to ensure that security is appropriately addressed across the HashiCorp suite of cloud and self-managed products.
Security at HashiCorp is a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to secure architecture and design of HashiCorp products.Work across various product and engineering teams to prioritize security features and bugs, and ensure implementation and mitigations.Monitor threats and vulnerabilities impacting HashiCorp products and services; triage reported vulnerabilities, identify mitigations and assess/communicate associated risk.
- Plan & execute security assessments (dynamic testing, static testing, code review, etc) and threat modeling of HashiCorp’s products, services, and associated cloud infrastructure.
- Build and implement security solutions across the product life-cycle, such as standalone security tools, CI/CD pipeline integrations, product security features/fixes, etc.
- Act as SME on multiple information security areas (e.g. security architecture, application security, threat modeling etc.)
- Assist in execution of 3rd-party audits, penetration tests, and bug bounty programs.Contribute to the creation and delivery of security training.
- Research emerging attack vectors and techniques.
- We are looking for talented self-starters with 4+ years of security experience. We will consider experienced engineers with less security-specific experience but the desire to learn!
You may be a good fit if you have knowledge and experience around:
- Experience reading/reviewing code, particularly in the Go programming language and the Ruby on Rails web framework. Development or scripting experience is strongly encouraged.
- Experience in modern microservice based architectures and cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP)
- Secure development practices, and integration into broader engineering activities.
- Application and infrastructure security testing methodologies and tools.
- Security design review and threat modeling
- Product vulnerability management lifecycle.
- Security audits, penetration tests, and/or bug bounty programs.