Lead Kubernetes Architect
Egypt - Remote•EgyptAfrica•March 20, 2023
Rackspace Technology is a leading provider of expertise and managed services across all the major public and private cloud technologies. We’ve evolved Fanatical Support to encompass the entire customer journey — providing Fanatical Experience™ from first consultation to daily operations. Our passionate experts combine the power of proactive, always-on service and expertise with best-in-class tools and automation to deliver technology when and how our customers need it.As part of our commitment to our customers, we are dedicated to helping enable creative, automation-based solutions for all sizes of businesses and require an experienced Lead Kubernetes Architect (Containers SME) to join our EMEA team. The Lead Kubernetes Architect will be responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining Kubernetes clusters and related technologies to host and scale distributed applications. In this role, you will need to have experience in designing and implementing highly available and scalable architectures, optimizing application deployments and lifecycle management processes, and automating infrastructure provisioning and management.The ideal candidate for the role will have several years’ experience with cloud design and implementation. Your engagements will see you working directly with customers and prospects. You will have confidence in knowing your skills (and limitations), you are calm and collected under pressure and always available to mentor the less experienced. Your colleagues see you as a good team player who is keen to share knowledge as well as to listen and learn from others. Travel to a customer-site in Saudi Arabia may be required.Arabic language skills will be highly advantageous.
- Lead and manage the design and implementation of Kubernetes platforms and applications.
- Design, deploy, and administer Kubernetes clusters and related technologies according to best practices and internal business requirements
- Design and implement Kubernetes automation and orchestration for CI/CD pipelines.
- Build and manage containerized application platforms, enabling developers to deploy and scale applications in a consistent, reliable, and secure way
- Optimize resource utilization, application performance, and availability through effective monitoring, alerting, and metrics collection
- Automate infrastructure provisioning and management using tools like Ansible, Terraform, or CloudFormation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (engineering, operations, security, and dev teams) to build and maintain a robust and scalable Kubernetes infrastructure
- Develop and maintain documentation, standards, and best practices for Kubernetes clusters, container image deployments, and related technologies
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other team members and contribute to the growth of the engineering community.
- Advanced knowledge of Kubernetes architecture, deployment, scaling, and maintenance
- Hands-on experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Helm, etc.), container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Nomad, Mesos, etc.), and related tools and technologies (Prometheus, Grafana, Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Linux and related technologies (systemd, iptables, network namespaces, etc.) and scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and their APIs
- Experience with automation and infrastructure-as-code tools (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written