Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Director, Analyst Relations & Research who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
As part of our Product and Solutions Marketing organization and reporting directly to our Vice President of Product Marketing, this highly visible, global role will be serving as half solutions marketing lead and half product marketing lead. You’ll look after our marketing strategy and execution for all things Consumer segment, and our Cyber Protect Home (Office - former “Acronis True Image”) product.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As part of our Product and Solutions Marketing organization and reporting directly to our Vice President, this highly visible and strategic role will be filling the function of leading all of our analyst relations function, while also contributing with market research to assist our marketing and product functions.
- Be the AR leadWe have client contracts across all of the big firms you know, and a number of the smaller, boutique ones too that we'll need you to look after. You may also work with Product Management and within your own organization on engaging additional types of influencer organizations in the technology area. You'll recommend the firm strategy, manage the budgets, the contracts, the consumption, tracking and reporting of the services and engagements for the entire company.
- Manage the engagementsWorking in close partnership with your VP, you'll ensure we have a clear list of target analysts and reports that we develop a regular cadence of inquiries with, while setting up briefings to broaden our range of coverage and ensure firms are up-to-date with our announcements. You'll also assist in making certain our decision makers hear the voice and the guidance of the analysts to ensure full return-on-investment, and best practice relationships with analysts.
- You'll manage our tracking and reporting toolsWe use automation to track our coverage, and cloud-based services to keep records of the work we've done - including the outcomes and next steps. You'll be on point to capture all notes for all engagements, and then be able to use this tool to pre-brief internal employees on prior engagements before joining a briefing or inquiry - or submitting a response to a questionnaire.
- BriefingYou'll will often provide company introduction briefings when we begin a relationship with a new firm or analyst you know, and work with your organization on creating best-in-class presentations.
- CoordinatingAs the owner of the analyst firm relationships, you'll also be on point to coordinate contracts and engagements for other marketing groups, such as for event sponsorships and content licensing agreements.
- ResearchUsing your access to analyst firm research and with your regular participation in briefing and analyst calls, you'll assist with market research. In some cases, internal stakeholders may request a report or information from one. In other cases, you may conduct source research for the Product and Solution Marketing team to locate data, or e.g., recommend a quote for a press release - and then secure the approval. For internal, shareable information, you'll build a well-maintained library of documents and links for broader internal, company access and usage - including in context of "Competitive Intelligence". However, in all circumstances, you will abide by each firm's unique contractual requirements to ensure ethical practices and positive business relationships with these important market influencers.
- ReportingUsing our tools, you will run regular reports for the broader marketing organization detailing the activities, consumption, and results of the function to show the value of the investment, and the progress for Acronis in this function and in the market.
- TrainingYou may be called upon to train colleagues who have been granted access to client services to ensure they are using the resources correctly. Or to educate a broader internal audience on the role of Analyst Relations in marketing and how to maximize it in GTM plans.
- CollaboratingWhile the AR function resides within Product & Solution Marketing, you will work in close collaboration with our PR and events teams to ensure that with each announcement, we have a plan to pre-brief analysts when appropriate, secure quote support, and conduct follow-ups. You'll also work with our event teams to arrange analyst attendance or meetings when applicable to the event. Finally, working with our Solutions Marketing and Campaigns teams, you'll use your exposure and access to recommend premium assets for licensing that help build Acronis brand awareness, engagement, and conversion rates.
- SharingYou will strive to ensure that all news resulting from the AR function is shared within the company, across our corporate social handles, with PR, and across our organization for incorporation into marketing content and activities. You'll also ensure that the company/brand builds relationships with the firms/analysts by e.g., making certain the company also follows and re-shares the analysts, and more leaders within the company begin to build their relationships as well.
- MaturingAs Acronis continues to mature as a company, so should its AR function. Moving beyond the basic product briefings, to inquiries with technologists, to bringing more of the business leaders and strategists in the company to share more of the overall business planning with the analysts - to prove maturity progress of Acronis as a company - and in its ability to partner with analyst firms effectively.
- Optimizing and ExpandingYou'll review all of our current contracts and relationships, making choices on where to invest more, less, and where to rebalance the services to ensure we have maximum value. You'll also take an eye to additional firms that may influence our partners and customers, and consider firms with influence in other regions.
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 7+ years of Analyst Relations experience in an established, B2B high tech company with active relationships with firms like Gartner, IDC, and Forrester - and others.
- Experience in the cybersecurity, backup/disaster recovery, or endpoint management markets required.
- Experience working with Service Provider-focused analysts and firms is a high plus.
- Knowledge of common AR and PR automation tools and practices.
- Ability to budget, contract, review, manage, schedule across time zones and perform overall business management of the function.
- Experience managing the AR function, including management of specialists preferred.
- Successful track record of obtaining coverage from top-tier firms, and promoting value-add engagements and projects that contribute to marketing and sales results - like webinars, bespoke research, benchmark testing, etc.
- Comfort with high levels of ambiguity and proven ability to have impact and influence a highly virtualized, matrixed, global team.
- A self-driven, self-starter requiring minimal supervision, able to accept a mission and goal, and create plans and reports to share progress.
- Strong problem solving and executive presentation skills important with ability to present to both executives and analysts.
- High energy and enthusiasm – the type that is contagious with its potential.
- Outstanding communications skills – written, presentation, verbal.
- US Native English fluency required.
- Travel may be international but will be less than 25% and according to company health and safety policies.
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances