Candidates must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a U.S. Federal Government clearance.
MorphWorks is seeking a motivated, career, and client-oriented Cloud Security Architect to join our team to provide unparalleled support to multiple federal agencies through the Continuous Diagnostics & Mitigation (CDM) Program. The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult with multiple federal agencies to enhance their Information Assurance (IA) programs and continuous monitoring capabilities.
The Cloud Security Architect's responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis of Cloud Security that includes requirements from DHS, and other OMB initiatives, and providing support for the whole program. This position also requires supporting existing cloud practice areas on the program to address our client’s most pressing needs with Cyber Security Threats and Data in the Cloud. The successful candidate will bring a consultative approach to data and use Cloud Security discipline to improve the value of the data that’s being collected by our clients. This position is also a thought leader in the practice of Cloud Security in solving our client’s cybersecurity problems, coupled with demonstrated experience designing and developing enterprise Cloud Security solutions for large clients by providing a new approach to the team, presenting white papers, and other solutions
- Architect, position, design, develop, and deploy Cloud Native Security solutions such as Azure Defender, Azure Defender for Endpoints, and Azure Security
- Work with Cloud Team and Engineers to plan and coordinate client interaction through Workshops and other meetings
- Work with customer POCs and technical team members to assist with requirement definitions, solution design, and technical architecture and delivery
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top-tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative Cloud-based security offerings
- Define information security strategies, including guiding principles and future state vision, ensuring that the strategic objectives are aligned with the client's mission
- Participate in the development, customization, and integration efforts of security solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Research data fields provided by APIs of Cloud security products and determine their ability to meet data requirements for reporting tools
- Document designs for high-level briefing and deliverables as well as engineering implementation procedures in Microsoft Visio, Word, and other tools as required
- Familiarity with REST APIs, their methods, data formats, and authentication
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Endpoint Detection Response tools such as Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Crowstrike Falcons, and others
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Azure Log Analytics, Azure Sentinel, or Azure Security Center
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to brief large multidisciplinary audiences to present advanced concepts clearly and in a way consumable by all technical levels
- Understanding of how IP communications flow between endpoints, through enterprise networks, and to Cloud services
- Understanding of hybrid networking concepts such as Express Route, Virtual Network Gateways, and complex virtual network architectures
- Experience with collaborating with other roles, such as solution architects, Cloud engineers, Automation engineers, database administrators, and developers.
- Experience understanding organizational needs, proposing solutions, and managing project execution efforts designed to deliver overall program benefits for Government Agencies
- Experience collaborating with US Government Agencies, state or local governments, or commercial entities to develop IT service program maturity in accordance with Federal IT mandates and best practices
- Experience in conducting assessments of an Enterprise by reviewing technical documentation, conducting interviews and workshops to identify gaps, and develop a tailored solution is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in security solution design using existing as well as emerging technologies to deliver enterprise solutions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrate deep & broad knowledge and capability in Microsoft Cloud services
- Must be a Security Architect/Consultant with in-depth and SME level Microsoft Cloud Security experience & knowledge.
- 3+ years’ cumulative experience integrating, securing, and making use of the following Microsoft platform services (both in Windows OS and in Azure Cloud): Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS), Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS), Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS), Windows AD-integrated PKI, Single Sign On (SSO) implementation
- 1+ years’ cumulative experience with enhanced data protection and compliance (such as OpenSSL, KeyStore, Azure Key Vault, Cyphers)
- 3+ years experience with securing systems by following STIGs, best practices, and government/compliance requirements (such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, FISMA, FEDRAMP), and negotiating/working with IA personnel to arrive at sensible and effective solutions.
- 7+ years experience with in-depth systems administration in Windows, Linux, and/or Azure environments
- Relevant Technical and/or Security Certifications (e.g. Azure, CISSP, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA-Security, etc.)
- One (1) of the following certifications: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Security Engineer Associate, DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate
- Demonstrated ability to present to senior leadership and client audiences
- JIRA experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen and pass a background investigation
- Able to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability/Entry on Duty (EOD)
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance desired
MorphWorks is a strategic consulting firm focused on Risk and Technology solutions. Headquartered in Northern Virginia, MorphWorks is recognized as a best-practice company, specializing in IT Modernization and infrastructure efficiency. Our team operates with a culture of execution and brings that approach to each of our client engagements, focusing on delivering high-quality work to all project components.