KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. We help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow through our depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose. Our purpose is to fuel New Zealand’s prosperity and we’re looking for talented people who want to inspire confidence and empower change for our clients, our people and our communities.KPMG's Consulting teams partner with leading domestic and international organisations to deliver tangible benefits that fuel New Zealand’s prosperity. We draw on KPMG’s broad industry experience across large and small scale transformation, analytics and optimisation, process excellence, and operating model design.
- Our growing People and Change practice helps our clients deliver to their people promise, through employee experience and change management. In a time of rapid transformational change, we’re continuing to build our team with some exciting and unique opportunities available.
- If you’re passionate about helping deliver innovative people solutions for clients, including but not limited to HR, optimization (process/ operating model redesign and system implementation), change management, strategic workforce design, digital employee experience and employee value propositions, we’d love to hear from you.
Day to day you will:
- Provide clients with advice on the people aspects of their business e.g. HR Function Optimisation, Strategic workforce design, employee experience and value propositions.
- Support clients with people due diligence advice as part of broader merger and acquisition, integrations and separation programmes of work.
- Provide clients with change management expertise to allow them to achieve their strategic or project goals.
- Lead teams to deliver engagements in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements.
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients.
- Proactively lean into business development, lead generation and managing client relationships.
- Develop and lead proposals and pitches for new work.
- Apply an awareness and understanding of the general business and economic environments in undertaking engagements.
- Support the performance and development of junior team members and provide on the job coaching.
What you'll bring to the team:
Life at KPMG
- At least 4-6 years of relevant people advisory/consulting or human resources experience within dynamic and complex environments/organisations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Driven and enthusiastic with a 'can-do' attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion.
- Excellent problem solving and project management abilities.
- Demonstrated ability in business development or advisory.
- Experience in leading teams and staff supervision/coaching to deliver project outcomes.
- Strong relationship building skills with clients and with members of the project team.
- An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, client-facing team.
- Proven ability to work through ambiguity and changing priorities and demands.
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent. For disabled and neurodiverse candidates, if you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Yenge on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nzWe offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you: — Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme— Opportunities for local and international secondments— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents — A paid professional association membership of your choice— Digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional 5 days of Wellbeing leave to support you and your family's overall health and wellness, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more! We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.