Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent. Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us. Barbaricum seeks an Information Assurance Specialist for an Air Force program enabling operational test, evaluation, and range support to the 346th Test Squadron and 318 Range Squadron, 67th Cyberspace Wing. This individual will integrate with a team of cyber security professionals to ensure instrumented cyber ranges, capable of stimulating operational networks, are provisioned to support the Air Force's cyber mission. This Information Assurance Specialist will ensure information security measures and procedures are implemented, and report any security incidents through the appropriate reporting chain.
- Coordinate system-level responses to unauthorized disclosures.
- Ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances and access authorization, and are aware of their cybersecurity responsibilities for DoD IS and Platform Information Technology (PIT) systems under their purview before being granted access to those systems.
- Initiate protective or corrective measures when a cybersecurity incident or vulnerability is discovered and ensure that a process is in place for authorized users to report all cybersecurity-related events and potential threats and vulnerabilities to the Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
- Ensure that all DoD IS cybersecurity-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
- Provide User Behavior documentation responsibility form to all entering personnel and Update System Authorization Access Request (SAAR) tracking status.
- Update templates as necessary, maintain documents on Squadron share drive, and update in-house document tracking process.
- Prepare and maintain user work areas adding visible, color-coded classification stickers, tape and destruct priority labels for system level identification, communications and priorities.
- Ensure compliance with NIST SP 800-181.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Master's preferred)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Must possess one of the following IAT Level II or III certifications: CCNA Security; CySA+; GICSP; GSEC; Security+ CE; CND; SSCP; CASP+ CE; CCNP Security; CISA; CISSP; GCED; GCIH; CCSP; CEH
Additional InformationFor more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.