About the Position:As a security Architect and Governance Risk and Compliance lead, you will help Everbridge's security function by ensuring suitable and adequate security measures are in place to safeguard Everbridge's information assets, including Everbridge SaaS products. This position is accountable for collaborating with Everbridge's technology groups to ensure that our designs and architectures adhere to security best practices and are compatible with applicable industry standards and frameworks, such as ISO, FEDRAMP, etc. We continue to "Shift Left" in our security processes at Everbridge, where security documentation and guidance are anticipated at each level.The architect is expected to think and act strategically, keeping current of trends and advancements in IT/Cybersecurity solutions and monitoring operating environment changes that affect information security. The security architect plays a crucial role in establishing the vision for Everbridge's security architecture and in encouraging and enforcing accountability within Everbridge and its vendors. The governance risk and compliance portion of the role ensures alignment with our compliance requirements while showing demonstrable evidence of compliance for audits, customers, and certifications.
What you'll do:
- Assess, implement, automate, and document security processes and controls within cloud platforms, such as AWS, GCP , Azure
- Collaborate with product development teams to ensure that security controls are considered during the design and architecture phase
- Build and execute complex security architectures including ingress, egress, SDLC and data flows
- Work with compliance and regulatory requirements such as ISO, NIST, FedRAMP or PCI
- Work in a risk-based environment, including architecting, planning, and implementation
- Gain immediate credibility at all levels, both inside and outside the organization, and develop lasting, productive, and collaborative relationships
- Communicate and influence skills, including the ability to simplify critical messages, present compelling stories, and promote technical and personal credibility with internal and external executives, and both technical and non-technical audiences
- Assist and train team members in the use of cloud security tools and the resolution of security issues
- Provide audit and compliance artifacts for compliance programs
- Work through a zero-day investigation
What you'll bring:
- Experience as a security architect with Fortune 1000 company
- Minimum 3 years of AWS information security architecture and information security governance experience with top-tier cloud computing companies
- AWS architecture or equivalent certification credentials
- Have experience developing security products, infrastructure security, identity management, and broader security technologies
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and processes
- Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in AWS required
- Experience in telecommunication environments within the cloud or integrations within the cloud
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including Control Tower, Security Hub, IAM, KMS, CloudTrail, GuardDuty, VPC, ELB, EC2, Config, CloudFormation, AWS CLI and others
- Experience with a broad range of security technologies including, SAST, DLP, IDS/IPS, IAM, Certificate Management, etc...
- Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
- Some level of understanding of commonly used coding/scripting languages such as bash, python, go, etc...
- AWS cloud practitioner certification
- AWS solutions architect certification
- AWS security specialty certification
- AWS developer associate certification
- Experience working in cloud engineering
- Enjoying puzzles
#LI-PT1Bridger Culture: At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives. We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience. Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today! Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.