The Security Engineering Architect is responsible for security oversight of the architecture and engineering aspects of CLEAR’s environment. This position will encompass supporting security assessments of infrastructure and applications, helping define security standards, as well as developing and validating security control implementation using Agile techniques. This role will also provide security solutions around Applications, Infrastructure, Platform, and Cloud Services (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS). A successful candidate must demonstrate a history of producing effective, innovative architectural solutions on an enterprise scale. They will continually evaluate the evolving cybersecurity industry to maintain currency and understanding of the latest innovations.
What You Will Do:
- Designs security reference architectures and associated security principles to support business projects, to include necessary integration points across CLEAR, in accordance with CLEAR security standards and various applicable regulatory and compliance requirements
- Designs and develop security architectures for the public (Azure, AWS, GCP) and hybrid clouds
- Performs security reviews, identifies gaps in security architecture, and develops a security risk assessment report
- Maintains currency of new and emerging security threats, security frameworks, and regulations
- Supports assessments of critical security controls for the company’s cloud-based business applications to include recommending security gap remediations based on assessments
- Builds template plans to assist with application migrations into different cloud deployment models
- Evaluate the adequacy of proposed security design and architecture and prepare design documents
- Works with CLEAR’s various technology organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into the respective environments
- Participates in the review of design principles and controls relating to third party solution providers
- Facilitates deployment orchestration and automation with a focus on security
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in architecting and engineering complex security solutions utilizing and interpreting models to implement company policies, standards globally
- Knowledgeable of cybersecurity audit standards/models/frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST, COBIT, DRII CBK, Six Sigma, ITIL, PCI, SOX, FDA, HIPAA, PII, etc
- Broad technical security skills in multiple areas such as applications deployments, endpoints, data, infrastructure, cloud, DNS, PKI, OS (Windows, MAC, *NIX), SDN, encryption, authentication, firewalls, proxies, identity and access control, BC/DR, remote access, and cryptography
- Demonstrated experience utilizing one or more cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Ability to engage with Executive Management, Legal, Risk, 3rd-party, and IT teams
- Ability to manage enterprise scale security tool deployment projects from planning to production implementation
- Ability to assess existing security tools using the CIS CSC, identify control gaps and periodically evaluating the effectiveness of the security controls in production
- Ability to conduct threat modeling of for newly deployed application infrastructure to uncover any potential security threats and vulnerabilities in the system prior to implementation
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work and maintain currency in a changing landscape
- Ability to develop and document methods, standards, and guidelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Undergraduate-level in Computer Science/Cybersecurity or equivalent professional experience
- CISSP and/or CCSP preferred
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.