SGS ECL is an industrial automation company who provide process automation, functional safety and Industrial OT cyber security services across a diverse range of clients.
This role is in the ECL Cyber team, who focus on consulting, engineering, operations, and maintenance of all aspects of ICS/OT security including infrastructure, networking, systems, governance, risk, etc.
SGS ECL is part of SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The role will include:
- Acting as a trusted advisor to SGS ECL industrial clients
- Supporting governance, risk, compliance journey as it relates to ICS/OT security
- Investigating industrial control system (ICS) environments in line with client requirements
- Writing reports including pragmatic recommendations (focusing on return on investment) to improve industrial security posture and resilience
- Advising changes on the ICS network to strengthen current cybersecurity controls and introduce new controls.
- Ensuring ICS/OT philosophies are business enablers, supporting stakeholders to avoid ‘department of no’ while balancing cyber security, operational, and business risk drivers.
- Documentation of existing and proposed security architectures
- Work with SGS ECL Engineers as well as client internal/external stakeholders to support implementation, maintenance, and administration of systems.
- Support incident detection, investigation, management and close out
- Project management including estimating, scheduling, and working within project constraints as required
- Supporting the development of standards (guidelines, policies, and procedures) used to maintain and improve ICS Cyber Security Management
- Support and develop policy, procedure and governance including Industrial Security Assessment templates/procedures, OT IR response documentation, OT ISMS, etc.
- Work on industrial facilities including in substations and remote well sites
- Travel as required to complete assessments, work with clients, etc.
Qualifications & Competencies
- CACS/CACE, TUV Cyber, ISA-99, SANS, or similar ICS/OT Cyber qualifications
- 10+ years’ experience with industrial control systems (ICS), DCS, SCADA, SIS, PLC, and/or...
- 10+ years’ experience in networking, security and/or sysadmin with some industrial networking expertise
- A degree-level engineering, networking or cyber security qualification
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team interfacing directly with clients
- An understanding of cyber security risks and mitigation for an industrial control network
- An understanding of cyber security management as a part of a full framework (e.g., Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, Recover)
- Sound knowledge of networking protocols, cyber security of network traffic and the application of controls via switch and firewall configuration.
- The ability to carry out detailed industrial cyber assessments and/or audits to a high quality.
The SGS ECL office is based in New Plymouth, Taranaki
However, SGS NZ is a national business and the ECL Cyber team have global clients. You can be based around the country as required - but will need to travel to New Plymouth as well as client sites as required to work with other consultants, engineers, etc. on occasion.
The Applicant must have NZ residency status or a current and valid visa to work in New Zealand (NZ).