This position can be based remotely, but will require travel to client sites 50-75% of the time.
Control Risks is looking to bring on a consultant as a part of an embedded project with a top tier client of ours in the tech industry. This role will conduct onsite operational security assessments of the client’s data center facilities within North America. The Consultant will travel to the client’s facilities to conduct detailed interviews with facility stakeholders and perform a physical site assessment to ensure compliance with existing security standards and requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize the client’s existing standards to assess compliance with physical, technical, and operational security requirements
- Conduct interviews with a wide array of security stakeholders to determine the operational security practices in place at each facility
- Ensure findings are collected and presented in a clear and consistent manner to facilitate reliable analysis across a high volume of sites
- Provide clear and consistent recommendations regarding security policies and practices
- Maintain technical proficiency in the security industry, sharing knowledge throughout the firm and enhancing the department's current document templates and methodology
- Continuously enhance client relationships through consistent delivery of high-quality reports and professional presentation
- 2-4 years of work experience in a global security organization or consulting firm, or equivalent military or law enforcement experience
- Familiarity with physical security technologies including access control measures, video surveillance systems, and intrusion detection systems
- Understanding of physical and operational security principals including defense-in-depth design, standard operating procedures, and incident management practices
- Ability to successfully produce quality deliverables including well written reports and professional oral delivery of assessment findings and recommendations
- Ability to travel 50-60% of the time and on short notice
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven verbal presentation skills
- Committed, enthusiastic and with a ‘can do' approach
- Confident, solution oriented and with a positive attitude
- A high level of integrity and discretion
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- A large degree of flexibility with regards to work schedule and peaks in work intensity
- Collaborative team player
The base salary range for this position in California or NYC is $75,000-$85,000 per year. Exact compensation offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided per California SB 1162 and the NYC Wage Transparency Law.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarized in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary bonus scheme that incentivizes, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasize the value of in-person time together - in the office and with our clients - while continuing to support flexible and remote working.