Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the defence capabilities of the United States, and are now seeking to replicate our successes internationally with a team based in Australia. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril and help us build the future of defence capability.At Anduril Australia we are developing unmanned systems for subsurface and other domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects, including but not limited to the Extra Large Autonomous Undersea Vehicle (XL-AUV) Program, require Senior Software Engineers with deep experience with modern software development, delivery and sustainment toolchains. The Senior Software Engineer strives to leverage their experience to rapidly architect, design, delivery, support and evolve toolchains required to delivery next-generation autonomous systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the design, development, implementation and support of next-generation software delivery toolchains that enable the continuous and secure delivery of capability orders of magnitude faster than the competition, including in times of national crisis and across multiple national security classification domains.
- Manage modern ICT systems at the infrastructure layer, including providers and/or technologies such as AWS, Azure, and VMWare ESXi.
- Manage modern ICT systems at the operating system layer, including operating systems such as NixOS, Ubuntu, Red Hat, and Microsoft Windows.
- Manage modern ICT systems at the orchestration layer, including technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Manage modern ICT systems at the application layer, including Github Enterprise, CircleCI and a variety of proprietary applications.
- Contribute to the management of ICT hardware systems in a limited capacity.
- Advocate for and implement best-practice security measures within Anduril’s software toolchain.
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary software team, including as a mentor for Software Engineers from differing backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a senior role for the delivery of a software and/or hardware system with a mature software delivery, security and operations capability.
- Experience with the design, implementation and operation of horizontally scaled cloud technologies.
- Systems and/or application programming skills including algorithms, data structures, concurrency and optimization.
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems.
- Capacity to work holistically on software enabled capabilities up and down the software stack and through lifecycle through design, implementation, operation and sustainment.
- Capacity to act as the technical owner for a software service, including stakeholder engagement, requirements definition, roadmap management, team co-ordination, design, implementation, sustainment and evolution.
- Capacity learn and grow individually, while mentoring junior team members effectively, building team cohesion and capacity
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
- Experience writing cloud-native services C++, Rust, Python and/or Go.
- Experience writing frontend applications using Typescript and React.
- Experience within the product delivery lifecycle including manufacturing, system acceptance, deployment, and sustainment.
- Desire to learn and grow in to other roles that require experience as a Senior Software Engineer, such as Principal Software Engineer and/or Engineering Manager.
- Desire to grow in to a Tech-Lead-Manager role, with responsibility for line management of engineers, in addition to delivery.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!