As our Security Analyst, you will support Security Operations by performing computer network defense and incident response. This role includes performing day-to-day operations of company-wide Information Systems security technologies as well as programs deployed globally. Some design and deployment may also be performed. The role operates in collaboration with other Information Services team members to improve and maintain the overall security posture of Everbridge companies as well as protect data assets. The role will have the critical function of monitoring infrastructure and supporting operational incident response during a known or potential security event. In-depth analysis of systems and data involved with these events will be required on a regular basis to develop threat assessment criteria with regular reporting and performance metrics. About the Team
As a member of the security operations team, you will strive to take a pragmatic approach when proposing security solutions, implementing security best practices, and performing day-to-day analysis of current security logs and posture to help in maintaining security and threat-related situation awareness.
What You'll Do :
- Operational Duties: Daily review and analysis of data from intrusion detection systems, anti-virus solutions, vulnerability assessment tools, as well as log correlation tools to identify actionable threats or remediation. Responsible for event handling and support of incident response for any known or potential security incidents/events globally. Communicates and coordinates with all internal IS and operations teams as well as any service providers on various attack scenarios including viruses, worms, stolen credentials, DDoS attacks, etc. Conducts investigations while communicating and coordinating remediation efforts. Stays well-informed and current on product updates, the threat landscape, and vulnerabilities relating to technology.
- Business Support: Participates in business and technology initiatives as an information security professional. Assists in defining security-related processes and procedures for the department as well as the company that can be employed on a global basis. Participates in internal and third-party audits of the company’s information security policies, and procedures, as well as operational duties while supporting any remediation efforts that may be identified as a result of an audit.
- Projects: Helps coordinate and execute security projects as defined and prioritized in the overall global security strategy. Evaluates the security posture of the company globally as well as any related data assets to ensure internal security controls are appropriate and operating as intended. Stays well-informed and current on the latest information security technologies, methodologies, and events. Evaluates and deliver feedback on the potential security aspects or impact of non-security related technology including
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical fields
- Must have 7-10 yrs of direct information security experience in a global IT environment supporting at least 2 of the 10 security domains.
- Previous experience in a security operations center (SOC) performing protects and defend operations and/or incident response.
- Security certification, such as Certified | Ethical Hacker (C|EH), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) a plus
- Detailed functional knowledge of network technologies including network security-focused technologies such as next-generation firewalls and web application firewalls in a global IT environment
- Working knowledge of server technologies including administration, virtualization and Active Directory
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems
- Working knowledge of AWS and cloud-based global IT environment
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources
- Monitor external data sources (e.g., computer network defense [CND] vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, SANS)
- Security Focus to maintain currency of CND threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise
- Document and escalate incidents (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact on the environment
- Perform computer network defense (CND) trend analysis and reporting
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerts of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities, and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities
- Use computer network defense (CND) tools for continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity
- Analyze identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, and effects on system and information
- Determine appropriate course of action in response to identified and analyzed anomalous network activity
- Identify and analyze anomalies in network traffic using metadata
- Experience with tools such as Sumo Logic, Sophos, and O365 email security would be a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint. Microsoft Project, Access, SQL, PowerShell, or scripting experience is a plus.
Everbridge (NASDAQ: EVBG) empowers enterprises and government organizations to anticipate, mitigate, respond to, and recover stronger from critical events. In today’s unpredictable world, resilient organizations minimize impact to people and operations, absorb stress, and return to productivity faster when deploying critical event management (CEM) technology. Everbridge digitizes organizational resilience by combining intelligent automation with the industry’s most comprehensive risk data to Keep People Safe and Organizations Running™. For more information, visit www.everbridge.com, read the company blog, and follow on Twitter. Everbridge… Empowering Resilience Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.