WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?Are you interested in joining DAZN's Broadcast Orchestration team as a software engineer? If so, you'll be an essential part of our team, helping us transform our live streaming services from on-prem to a cloud-based, event-driven system. In this role, you'll be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying microservices to the cloud. You'll collaborate with other engineers, architects, and stakeholders to ensure our systems are efficient, reliable, and meet our customers' performance requirements.To excel in this role, you'll need experience with cloud-based architectures, particularly AWS Lambda and related services like API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, and CloudFormation. You should also be comfortable with serverless architectures, event-driven programming, and asynchronous messaging patterns. You'll need a strong understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, clean code, and test-driven development. We'll expect you to write high-quality code in Typescript, Node.Js
, and some scripting in Python.If you're passionate about building resilient, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems in the cloud, then we want to hear from you! Join our team of talented engineers and help us revolutionize the way people watch live sports events.In this position, you'll have the opportunity to work remotely with occasional visits to our Hammersmith/Leeds office for collaborative sessions and team meetings.
AS OUR NEW SOFTWARE ENGINEER, YOU’LL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work as part of a new DevOps squad to build new and maintain existing microservices in AWS
- Design and build API’s that internal and external systems will integrate with to automate our video and metadata workflows
- Make use of AWS services such as step-functions and code-build to help deliver event-based broadcasting
- Build and maintain CICD pipelines using github actions
- Make use of IAC tools such as Terraform and CDK to deploy new and maintain existing cloud services
- Use test driven development methodologies to ensure safe and reliable deployments into production
- Provision cloud native video processing workflows that make use of AWS technologies such as AWS MediaPackage, MediaLive and MediaConnect
- Produce clear and concise technical documentation including operational runbooks, configuring dashboards and alerts
YOU’LL BE SET UP FOR SUCCESS IF YOU HAVE:
- Demonstrable programming experience with at least one modern language (preferably in Typescript, Node.js or Python)
- Practical experience designing and building REST APIs
- Experience with AWS core services such as IAM, S3, API-GW, DynamoDB, Lambda, Route53
- Experience automating software deployments using CICD pipelines such as github actions, bamboo
- Experience provisioning infrastructure using tools such as Terraform, CDK, CloudFormation
- Practical knowledge of system architectures and networking TCP/IP
- Experience working in an agile engineering team
- Be self-driven to learn new skills, new technologies and operations. You may not know some of the broadcast technologies we use yet, but we’ll teach you our specific areas drawing from the subject matter experts within the team.
Even better if you have:
- Practical experience designing and building state machines and event driven architectures – using AWS step functions, Eventbridge or equivalent
- Some UI experience (REACT, NEXT.JS, HTML, CSS)
- Experience with video technologies such as HTTP live streaming, MPEG DASH.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be. As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop. If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience. Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can. We look forward to hearing from you.