At Moss, we help companies master their finances. We’re a place where aspiring, adaptable quick-thinkers thrive, and we’re looking for the next ''Mosser'' to join us. Voted one of LinkedIn's top 10 Start-Ups*, and recently awarded as being one of the Top 3 FinTechs of 2022, we’re set to become the next leader in the European B2B FinTech industry.
Our Information Security team is seeking a Head of Information Security (f/m/d). This role will be instrumental in building out our information security program, securing our licence as a BaFin-regulated electronic money institute and maintaining the trust of our business customers. Alongside having many development and progression opportunities, you'll also be part of a fun and dynamic team.
Here's a bit more on what you can expect to be doing day-to-day:
- Security management - designing, running, and monitoring our ISMS to ensure our security goals are achieved, and implementing related policies and procedures that adhere to internal and external requirements.
- Risk management - performing information security assessments on cloud services and various internal tools, applications and products, in order to identify vulnerabilities, and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Stakeholder management - liaising withinternal and external stakeholders (including financial regulators such as BaFin, FCA) as well as customers, to identify requirements, provide security advice, and generate overall awareness on policies and procedures.
- Security audits - preparing and running regulatory information security audits for Moss’s BaFin-regulated e-money institute.
- Leadership - managing and developing a diverse team across InfoSec and Technical Operations, ensuring delivery against the wider functional and strategic roadmap.
- Technical operations - managing technical operations including hardware and software management, IT support and networks across the Moss group.
We think you’ll need the following experience and qualifications to succeed in the role:
- You have implemented information security programs in a fast-paced and cutting edge technology environment, collaborating closely with technical and operational functions to achieve extensive security goals
- You have experience in accompanying information security audits, preferably in the context of regulated financial institutions and have prior exposure to financial regulators
- You are a proven people leader with experience managing teams across multiple functional areas in an efficient and effective manner
- You are familiar with information security standards (such as ZAIT, BAIT, ISO27001, GDPR, PCI DSS, CSA CCM and SOC 2) and have a solid technical understanding of modern software engineering (DevOps, SRE, Agile, Container Orchestration)
- You are fluent in both German (working proficiency) and English
- Well-known security certifications (CISM, CISSP, CCSP, Security+) are a plus
In addition, here are the skills and attributes we are looking for:
- Meticulous - you are extremely focused, methodical and diligent when working on a task - be it something hands on, or when preparing strategies, plans, procedures etc. You are dedicated to producing error-free and accurate work that leaves no stone unturned.
- Results oriented - you pursue outcomes over inputs, always applying a pragmatic, analytical and forward-thinking approach to solving problems.
- Resilient - you are calm under pressure, unfazed when faced with competing priorities, and bounce back quickly and independently from challenges.
- Excellent communicator - you are able to prepare communication tailored to different audiences. You structure and present technical information clearly and concisely.
- Delivery-driven leader - You closely align your team’s tasks and objectives with the company’s mission and strategy, giving clear guidance and tracking delivery closely. You foster a high-performing and effective team.
We believe the greatest benefit we can offer you is the opportunity to be challenged in a fun environment, and to develop your skills and progress your career - we’re committed to helping you on that journey. You will also have the opportunity to shape and scale Moss, being part of this exciting FinTech journey across Europe.
Here's what else you can expect:
- A competitive compensation package including stock option plan
- Your own Moss Card for work purchases
- A yearly budget for professional development to spend on what suits you: books, professional coaching or a development course
- Unlimited access to our mental health and wellbeing offering, including 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- An Urban Sports Club membership
Moss is a SaaS scaleup business founded in Berlin. In less than three years we have built a passionate team of over 400 people from 30+ nationalities in 6 offices across Europe, and we are just getting started on our mission to elevate the Finance backbone of the SME economy! We are building the complete spend stack: enabling decentralised spending for employees, transforming the day-to-day for whole finance teams and empowering finance leaders - to make Finance a critical competitive advantage for SMEs. We call this: flawless finance.
To date, Moss serves over 2,000+ customers in Germany, Netherlands and the UK. Moss has raised a total of €130 million in funding and is backed by leading tech investors including Valar Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Global Founders Capital, Cherry Ventures and A-Star. Find out more about us at [Life at Moss Link].
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive to do the same for our growing team. At Moss, we are committed to offer equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, or other class protected by applicable law.