The Account Executive is responsible for driving FedRamp compliant IT managed services and associated professional services within the Federal space primarily through Soft-as-a-Service Providers and Systems Integrators. The successful candidate will leverage the inheritance of Rackspace’s FedRAMP compliant offering to add value to application owner’s in support of their FedRAMP compliant requirements. This person will be expected to have a strong knowledge base of developing strategic business plans and contracting with the US Federal government directly as well indirectly through System Integrators, and Software-as-a-Service providers. The objective is to meet/exceed quarterly sales targets by identifying and closing profitable new business opportunities. Will interface extensively and maintain first class relationships with all customers, partners and suppliers. Specializes in creating new customer spend and footprint with Rackspace Technology Government Solutions. Responsible for providing customers with product solutions based on facts and understanding of customers' business needs and strategy. Owns opportunities through the full sales cycle from lead to close.This is a remote-based position open to candidates in the Washington DC metro area.
- Build simplified account plans, including a pursuit plan for cross-sell/upsell, timeline, deliverables, and goals.
- Build and own an integrated portfolio plan to prioritize activities targeted at named accounts.
- Coordinates with Marketing, Capture, and CSM to determine targeted marketing plays.
- Leads sales process for all Rackspace solutions, particularly large, complex, multi-cloud pursuits requiring cross-functional collaboration.
- Proactively seeks new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Meets virtually with qualified leads to better understand customer needs and provide proposals.
- Leads efforts to create a proposal for a solution to prove value add.
- Leads the negotiation, closure, and documentation of customer renewals for customers with growth potential.
- Works with Director to invest in higher service levels for a customer with low MRR but a high wallet and to identify and pursue opportunities for upgrades, cross-selling, and upselling.
- Uses specialized expertise in one or more areas to interpret internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
- Solves complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
Are you a Racker?
- 10+ years of experience in Public Sector sales.
- Knowledge of federal procurement practices and guidelines. FedRamp knowledge extremely beneficial.
- Solid knowledge of the Technology Industry. Prior sales in Managed IT Services preferred.
- Existing senior level relationships within the Public Sector.
- Experienced with complex high end selling in a long-term sales cycle environment.
- Evidence of creative customer agreements/contracts which have demonstrated tailored technical client requirements while achieving customer satisfaction.
- Proven and strong experience in direct sales.
- Strong prospecting skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Proficient use of technology as we are a high tech company.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience is required. Master's degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered, at manager discretion.
Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire learning, growing, and innovating. They are mission-inspired, values-grounded, culture-focused and dedicated to making a positive impact in everything they do. Rackers are inherently wired to solve problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams. As experts in what they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical Experience™ to our customers. Rackers are valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to come join the Racker family!Why work at Rackspace Technology?
Find your fanatical. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and feed millions.Come as you are. Cultivating inclusion is not just the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as Rackspace’s participation in the annual Texas Conference for Women.Satisfy your curiosity. No matter where you are going, we can help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace University®, provides training and development to Rackers – from Microsoft™ certifications to effective leadership training – our goal is to help you grow.Make a difference. At the core of every Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for Rackers to give our time and talent to others.Live life completely. We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced life-style. So while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take care of our Rackers.#LI-DNIAbout Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.