VMware Cloud Engineer IV- (Remote role in USA - Elastic Engineering)
United States - Remote•United StatesNorth America•March 24, 2023
You will be part of a team designing, automating, and deploying services on behalf of our VMWare Cloud customers. We have deep experience applying DevOps techniques in virtually every industry. Every week is different and the problems you will be challenged to solve are constantly evolving. We know and understand DevOps. We help build and create automation that enables our customers to save time and other resources. If you like a challenge, you’ll love it here, because we’re solving complex business problems every day, building and promoting great technology solutions that impact our customers’ success. The best part is, we’re committed to you and your growth, both professionally and personally.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with our customer engineering teams on a wide variety of VMware projects (migration, automation, containerization, transformation)
- Writing infrastructure as code (vRealize Automation)
- VMware environment troubleshooting and setup
- Meeting customer SLAs and managing communication in case of issues
- Configuring and maintaining backup, monitoring, and alerting systems for multiple clients Interacting with teams and customers in different time zones for ensuring 24×7 support Linux/Windows administration, automated deployments, scripting (Bash/PowerShell/Python)
- Participating in work sessions with clients in order to transform their applications.
- Completing technical documentation
- Delivering quality work in agile delivery model in a team environment
Qualification / Experience:
- Requires 5+ years related technical experience in systems engineering, administration and with VMWare, including a minimum of 2-year experience equivalent to a VMware Cloud Engineer II
- Advanced networking and security knowledge
- DevOps and CICD Experience
- Experience managing common VMware services (vCenter, vSAN, vRealize Ops, NSX, VCD, and Automation) and Power CLI Experience with containerization technologies such as Tanzu preferred
- Knowledgeable of configuration management frameworks such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- You are comfortable interacting with customers and have the ability to communicate effectively
- **Must have an active VCP-DCV Certification.**
- The following certifications preferred: CCIA, CCEE, CCEA, CCA, MCSE/MCITP, vRealize Operations, NSX and vSAN badge. Experience working in regulated environments (HIPAA, PCI, ITAR, etc)
- May require extended periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor.
- Elevated levels of stress may occur at times.
- No special physical demands required.
- Due to the 24x7x365 operations of the business, the candidate must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.