VMware Cloud Engineer
Mexico - Remote•Mexico CityCiudad de MéxicoMexicoNorth America•March 20, 2023
We are looking for a VMware Cloud Engineer. Please consider the Must-To-Have is knowing VMware and Highly desirable a VCP-DCV certification. Details about the job are listed below.The Cloud Engineer is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers via the phone, ticketing system, and automation. This role owns complex customer issues that may take several days or weeks to resolve and keeps our customers updated through every step of the process. Responsible for the support of internal and external customers on multiple platforms. Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction. Resolves customer issues, providing guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents. Develops tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, creates playbooks, and provides mentoring on customer-related issues to support teams. The Support Engineer is expected to take the initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may encounter and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the customer's solution. Keeps informed of emerging technologies. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
- Technical point of escalation to the Cloud Support and Engineering teams; resolving customer issues, working in collaboration with partners across the business, as required
- Lead cross-functional business continuity/transformational projects and customer engagements (both technical and non-technical), delivering key objectives for the Organization
- Advise leadership in setting and executing the technological strategy to ensure Rackspace remains head of the industry
- Proactively assess, propose, and implement enhancements to system architecture, problem management, fleet management, process improvement, reporting, product integration, and customer infrastructure.
- Lead Workload/Workforce Management and Optimization related tasks
- Review technical training for all Rackers supporting Rackspace Supported Cloud Products.
- Coach, mentor and assists Rackers across the business
- Provide technical expertise underpinning communications targeting a range of stakeholders - from individual contributors to leaders across the business
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other Engineers on the support floor
- Advanced knowledge of Virtualization Technologies (I.e.: VMWare, OpenStack, and Hyper-V)
- Advanced knowledge of Linux or Windows OS, including but not limited to: Server Failover Clustering, Active Directory, IIS
- Strong knowledge of designing, building, implementing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed, highly available systems.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Strong understanding of services and protocols, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of hosting environments, including web servers, databases, caching, and database services
- Strong knowledge in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols
- Advanced knowledge of the vSphere platform
- Advanced networking and proficient NSX administration skills
- Advanced working knowledge of fibre channel SANS, NFS and vSAN
- Advanced knowledge of vROPS/vRLI
- Advanced working knowledge of HP/DELL Server hardware platforms
- Advanced knowledge/troubleshooting of Disaster Recovery technologies (e.g. ZERTO, SRM)
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in Mexico CityCyber Security Jobs in Ciudad de MéxicoCyber Security Jobs in MexicoCyber Security Jobs in North America