Threat Intelligence Analyst
With 1,000 employees, over $250M in sales, 1,500+ clients, and rapid year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s most advanced, and largest, intelligence company!
Threat Intelligence Analyst, Global Issues (Country Risk)
Global Issues Team, Insikt Group, Recorded Future
Washington, DC / Boston, MA
This role: The Global Issues team within the Insikt (Research) Group focuses on Strategic Geopolitics, Influence Operations, and Global Threats. The team supports products, services, and initiatives for both internal stakeholders and clients while collaborating with other Insikt teams. You will conduct in-depth research and analysis to produce intelligence that assesses country-based risk conditions and physical and cyber threats to company executives and public events.
What you'll do:
- Research, track, and author reports on country risk, encompassing governance, physical security, cybersecurity, data privacy & surveillance, and supply chain
- Develop methodologies for tracking, assessing, and scoring country-level risk conditions
- Produce finished intelligence reports in response to client requests for information, including physical and cyber threats to company executives and public events
- Contribute to ongoing research projects across multiple teams that will be posted on our blog
- Assist in the curation of entities in the Recorded Future platform to enable accurate collection
- Collaborate with other Insikt Group members and peer review finished intelligence reports
- Support external engagements, for example presenting an intelligence report to Recorded Future clients, prospects, or the wider intelligence community
What you'll bring (required):
- 3+ years experience as a researcher, intelligence analyst, or in a similar position
- Subject matter expertise in geopolitical risk analysis and knowledge of the cyber threat landscape
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Political Science, International Relations, Security Studies, Regional Studies, or a related discipline
- Demonstrably excellent writing skills; ability to convey complex concepts
- Substantial expertise in open source intelligence tools and techniques
- Familiarity with structured analytical techniques, the intelligence cycle, intelligence assessments, and intelligence writing techniques and methodologies
- Ability to effectively communicate with and work as part of a globally distributed team
Additional skills / experience (not required):
- Experience in executive-focused threat reporting
- Fluency in a foreign language
Why should you join Recorded Future?Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 40 nationalities and embody our core values of having high standards, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.8-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info? Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligenceInstagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded FutureThe Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing fieldTimeline: History of Recorded FutureRecognition: Check out our awards and announcements
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.