Cybersecurity Technical Communications Specialist
Navy Federal Credit Union’s Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) is seeking a Technical Communications Specialist to support a variety of technical communications needs. The candidate will develop and implement quality assurance controls and processes as needed, maintain CSOC's Concept of Operations, and advise on metrics and reporting. In addition, the candidate will facilitate knowledge management initiatives, administer a knowledge management platform, ensure that information is disseminated appropriately, prepare and deliver training, and write and edit documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures and reports. This position requires flexibility to shift under changing demands, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Consult with leaders on the development, gathering, analysis, and reporting of Key Performance Indicators and metrics.
- Assist with workflow and process documentation with an eye toward optimization.
- Maintain awareness of trends in security events and incidents to identify potential quality gaps or technical cybersecurity issues.
- Manage the current knowledge management practices as well as design new knowledge distribution policies and encourage use of the new practices.
- Maintain requirements on the Atlassian Confluence platform, to include organizational standards, creating custom pages, workflows, permissions schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, and custom fields.
- Work with staff to collect and organization information required for preparation, drafting, editing, and optimization of standard operating procedures, incident reports, cyber intelligence reports, workflow diagrams, presentations, templates, and other documentation.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and review documentation for accuracy and grammar.
- Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel, to include graphic displays and document production.
- Plan and execute events (virtual and onsite) for employees and leadership, including Town Halls, All Hands, and other engagement initiatives.
- Collect, prepare and maintain data for analysis, reports and reference
- Maintain a uniformed editorial style to support key department messaging across multiple channels
- A minimum of one (1) year experience supporting a SOC program.
- Cybersecurity experience with demonstrable understanding of incident response security event management, event triage, or cyber intelligence.
- Specialized experience in content and information management and demonstrated experience in editing documents, including technical documents.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction.
- Ability to answer questions in a clear and concise manner, ask clarifying questions, communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means.
- Strong ability to research, analyze, and organize concepts and to create conceptual approaches and copy solutions.
- Effective organizational, planning and time-management skills.
- Advanced skill communicating with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and changing requirements/priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals.
- Experience in Confluence administration.
- Experience supporting a Security Operations Center or other operationally focused technical writing.
Hours: Monday–Friday, flexible within a set of core hours based on Eastern Standard Time
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance RequirementApplicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.