Tech Specialist Mechanical Engineer
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility. We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.The ADAS team is currently seeking a Tech Specialist Mechanical Engineer within the ADAS Sensor HW team to lead a team of mechanical engineers in the successful integration of ADAS sensors into Lucid vehicles. The position requires an experienced professional with a track record of successfully bringing innovative features and products into production. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking, and strive for perfection.
- As the Lead Mechanical Engineer in the ADAS Sensor HW Team, you will work closely with ADAS Systems Engineering, Perception, and other cross functional teams including Exteriors, Interiors, BIW etc to define and develop advanced mechanical integration strategies for ADAS sensors including Lidar, Radar, Cameras, and Ultrasonics.
- Responsible for the complete development process including Driving requirement specification, Packaging studies, Feasibility studies and analysis, Design, DFM, Cost and Scheduling
- Lead ECRs and Design Review processes with company executives that ensures cross functional alignment on sensor requirements.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a team of mechanical engineers and external contractors.
- Oversee the development of sensor interfaces such as mounts and enclosures, conduct thermal and structural analyses, and design robust, reliable, integrated assemblies for the automotive environment in high volume production.
- Support the development of part and system-based tolerance requirements through GD&T with Design, Manufacturing and Quality and Tier 1 Suppliers
- Manage program timing for each build, collect all part status and drive MEs to deliver solutions.
- Understand what is blocking team members from moving forward internally/externally and push to gather the information needed to deliver results.
- Oversee metrology tools and processes I.e., FARO Arm and Laser Tracker
- Review assembly and measurement tooling in order to ensure alignment with agreed and optimized design strategies.
- Support the development of measurement requirements to ensure product build meets design criteria.
- Perform structural, modal, and random vibration to validate mechanical designs.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis, Review Drawings, Audit DFMEA
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering.
- 8+ years of experience launching multiple products with complex mechanical or structural systems that have stringent positional tolerancing and electromechanical requirements.
- Experienced in designing parts to meet repeatable positioning with required thermal, vibration, and shock requirements.
- Experienced in designing high volume parts with experience in a wide variety of manufacturing processes including but not limited to, injection molding, die-casting, sheet metal stamping, etc.
- Experienced in Design for Manufacturability and Design for Assembly
- Proficiency in GD&T and ASME Y14.5-2009 with extensive experience in complex 2D and 3D tolerance stack-ups using 3DCS.
- Must have CATIA V5/V6 or 3DX experience.
- Personal skills must include the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and can work independently.
- Great communication skills with ability to clearly convey information and to influence decision making.
- Master in Mechanical Engineer with 6+ year related experience OR Ph.D + 3 years experience
- Experience working on production vehicle programs at an automotive OEM.
- Experience leading dimensional engineering activities for a major automotive assembly (body structure, exterior, powertrain)
- Experience with sensor calibration processes
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in NewarkCyber Security Jobs in CaliforniaCyber Security Jobs in United StatesCyber Security Jobs in North America