Storage Architect - KSA Travel
United Kingdom - Remote•June 8, 2023
Rackspace is a leading global professional services company and is a recognised leader in cloud transformation and managed services. As a professional services team we provide expertise for leading applications, data architectures and technologies, and security best practices – across every major cloud platform. Using multi-skilled approaches towards services, we help organisations modernise their infrastructure estates, ensure solutions are ‘secure by design’ and deploy everything on the right cloud infrastructure for maximum effectiveness. We are seeking a Storage Architect to plan, coordinate, develop, and supervise of all activities related to the integration of storage solutionsVery regular travel to a customer-site in Saudi Arabia will be required.
- The Storage Architect is responsible for the planning, coordination, development, and supervision of all activities related to the integration of storage solutions, to include designs, integration, staged functionality, services and third-party solutions to meet the business requirements of the organization
- Perform analysis and assessment of storage solutions and architecture to include Vendor designs, CMP integrations
- Evaluate tools, approaches and policies for compliance with best practice
- Create appropriate data and workflow models to visualize the solutions
- Provide guidance to develop and implement best practice integration solutions based on code/remediation and appropriate tooling, process and / or workarounds
- Develop data strategies and data architecture documentation
- An excellent understanding of the unique issues related to multi-tenant storage environments and an ability to architect for those situations.
- Understanding of the storage architecture (logical and physical) and datacenter implications.
- Knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting, testing, and performance tuning in storage platforms.
- Ability to contribute to the review, analysis, selection, testing, risk assessment and implementation of new storage technologies.
- Ability to develop and document the business case and options for new storage recommendations and offerings including the development and identification of all benefits, risks and basic costs (OPEX and CAPEX).
- Strong technical documentation, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge in storage technologies and storage best practices.
- A strong business acumen is required to make prudent decisions in an ever changing and complex environment.
- Advanced knowledge in storage best practices for VMWare, Hyper-V, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Exchange and current Windows and Linux operation systems.
- Exhibits strong customer service and mentoring characteristics and skills.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups