Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments.Our engineering team is seeking a Reverse Engineer to join its research and development team. This position works closely with partner teams to drive insights in industrial protocol analysis, network situational awareness, and threat behavioral analytics.
- Analyze, reverse-engineer, and document industrial network protocols and functions related to system modification, command and control, encryption/encoding, etc.
- Generate innovative asset identification capabilities, protocol parsers, and threat behavior analytics for the Dragos Platform
- Conduct in-depth reverse engineering of hardware and software to support designing and building detection logic
- Collaborate with customers and industry partners to collect and analyze host and network analytic opportunities in production environments
- Effectively assign tasks to teammates, receive guidance and direction openly, give recommendations, and collaborate across the team.
- Provide technical and professional mentorship to teammates.
- 5+ years utilizing static and dynamic analysis tools to conduct in-depth reverse engineering of hardware or software without source
- Prior development/scripting experience (e.g., Python, Rust, Ruby, Go, Lua, etc.)
- Proficiency in x86/x86_64 intel assembly and disassemblers, including IDA Pro and Ghidra
- Awareness of standard operating system internals and the ability to identify analytic opportunities
- Applied knowledge of communication fundamentals to include network and serial traffic
- Ability to generate best practices/procedures and effectively implement and teach others.
- Ability to generate high-quality technical documents though means of knowledge sharing within Engineering and outside departments.
- Salary: $192,000
- Salary + Benefits + Equity = $338,000
- Comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K with match)
- Equity at Dragos is quickly growing, and the total compensation under-represents the future growth and refresh program. This will be discussed on the first call with the Dragos recruiter.
Dragos is the Industrial Cybersecurity expert on a relentless mission to safeguard civilization. In a world of rising cybersecurity threats, Dragos protects the most critical infrastructure – those that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization – from increasingly capable adversaries who wish to do it harm. Devoted to codifying and sharing our in-depth industry knowledge of ICS/OT systems, Dragos arms industrial defenders around the world with the knowledge and tools to protect their systems as effectively and efficiently as possible. Founded by world-class industrial intelligence experts, Dragos has the industry’s largest team of ICS/OT practitioners who have been on the front lines of the world’s most significant industrial cyber-attacks. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Dragos, and we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. We know that every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions. Not only does a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion focus enrich our environment and teams, but it is also critical to our success as we defend against adversaries all over the world. The broad range of ideas, experiences, and perspectives is critical to our success. Dragos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local laws. All new hires must pass a background check as a condition of employment.#LI-JF1 #LI-REMOTE