SOAR Security Engineer (TS/SCI)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
An active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required prior to consideration for this role. Work is 100% onsite.This position will be performed at multiple customer sites in the DC Metro area in a classified setting.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Help the SOC transform manual processes into automated playbooks inside a SOAR platform
- Build and/or augment incident response processes with automation capabilities
- Work with analysts to understand existing incident response processes and propose automation use cases to augment those processes
- Use automation to streamline and standardize customer use cases
- Work with management to understand incident response and automation reporting needs, then propose and build relevant reports and dashboards
- Engage with other aspects of the Technical Operations including ticketing, monitoring, and detection tools
- Work closely with the Security Analyst to automate the collection of supporting information for alert analysis and resulting defensive response
- Respond to high-priority requests for information/custom detections from key partners
- Manage and update incident response procedures and workflows/playbooks
- Become a subject matter expert in the customers' high value assets and targets
- Build novel monitoring and alerting playbooks to address potential targeted attacks
- Perform other security operations necessary for continuous monitoring and triaging the platform
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years experience in SOC operations supporting incident response and/or detection engineering
- Minimum 1 years experience in building automations in a SOAR platform
- Experience working with structured data (JSON) and REST/SOAP API's
- 1+ years of scripting, Python strongly desired
- DOD 8140.01 – DOD8570.01 M IAT Level II, CSSP Infrastructure
- Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation and to learn and adapt quickly
- Knowledge of how common protocols and applications work at the network level, including DNS & HTTPS
- Experience using the Linux command line interface (CLI)
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have:
- Experience managing or developing detection logic for enterprise SIEM systems
- Experience with exploitation techniques and use case development
- Experience with IOC datasets (e.g., YARA, OpenIOC, STIX)
- Experience deploying to, and leveraging cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) to extend operational capabilities
- Strong knowledge of network monitoring and network exploitation techniques, including the MITRE ATT&CK technique framework and other common attack vectors
We use Greenhouse Software as our applicant tracking system and communicate through their systems. At times, your email may block our communication with you. Please be sure to check your SPAM folder so that you don't miss updates on your application.
Why GuidePoint?GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 750 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 3,000 Enterprise-Level customers.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.Some added perks….
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions, working on-site may be required for Federal positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical premiums (employee only $0 deductible and HSA plans) along with 75% employer-paid family contributions
- 100% employer-paid dental premiums (employee only) along with 75% employer-paid family contributions
- 12 corporate holidays and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- Pet Care plan