Senior Software Engineer, Secret Management: Vault, Product Security
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
The Product Security team builds fundamental security systems that empower Snowflake engineers to bring the most secure Data Cloud to our customers. We solve the hard security problems so other Snowflake engineers don’t have to.
In this role, you will be responsible for operating, extending and scaling Snowflake’s multi-cloud Hashicorp Vault deployments. You will have the opportunity to help set the direction for the fundamental security infrastructure used by engineers across the company. The processes and systems you build must be natively multi-cloud and scale to match Snowflake’s massive and distributed footprint
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience operating and extending Hashicorp Vault at scale.
- Experience in software development working with one or more of the following languages: Java, C++, Go.
- Experience designing, testing, and maintaining software solutions.
- Experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience with workload orchestration systems such as Kubernetes to deploy and operate services at scale
- Experience with AWS, Azure and GCP to build production services
- Experience building or operating public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Experience building secret management, key management, identity and related services
- Design, develop and improve processes, tools and automation to scale and secure Snowflake’s Vault deployment.
- Design, develop and scale software systems to help Snowflake engineers build secure products in a multi-cloud environment.
- Partner with security, engineering and product teams to define and set the strategy for internal security practices and processes.
- Lead and manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.