XOR Security is currently seeking a talented and ambitious self-starting Senior SOC Analyst/Shift Lead with advanced skillsets in cyber security with emphasis on applied cloud security to develop operational strategy in the effort to continually move forward the skills and capabilities of our dynamic team of security analysts for a variety of federal customers.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to embed themselves into the next generation of operational environments which is now taking place across the US government. The existing team is a multi-faceted interdisciplinary set of experts with ever-increasing prowess in this unique environment. Our security operations project is aimed at establishing innovative techniques for a comprehensive, cloud-first network enclave defense, identifying the emerging threats, and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets provided in the Microsoft cloud security ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience as a SOC analyst performing Incident Response and Intrusion Detection on an operational Federal network, ideally having been migrated to a cloud environment, specifically, the Microsoft Sentinel SIEM and related security portals in Azure. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, be able to work independently and as part of a team, with demonstrated leadership capabilities. Skills and experience in Operations Management, Security Event Analysis, Incident Response, Cyber Hunt, Forensics, Malware Analysis, and Cyber Threat Intelligence (skills in more than one cyber discipline are preferred) are required for this position. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience supporting a 24x7x365 SOC environment as an analyst or engineer, experience as a technical team lead within the SOC, and operations management experience. A solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
Corporate duties such as solution/proposal development, corporate culture development, mentoring employees, supporting recruiting efforts, will also be required. In addition, flexibility in work locations within the DC Metro Area and performing varying duties is a must.
Job duties include:
- Manage a SOC to provide cyber defense capabilities to a federal entity in a comprehensive Computer Network Defense support service through security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response, and cyber intelligence activities.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of all SOC activities through reviewing of metrics and case analysis while reporting to the Program Manager
- Serve as a technical Cyber SME and onsite Task Lead
- Maintain a 24x7 schedule and minimum-manning requirements
- Lead efforts Planning, organization, scheduling and progress reporting of various projects
- Construct and optimize operational workflows for 24x7 teams across multiple shifts
- Develop, collect, analyze security operational metrics to optimize SOC performance and minimize organizational risk
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and design new security technologies and supporting infrastructure
- Develop technical cyber security solutions in response to customer requests or in support of proposal solution development
- Provide technical writing support in support of corporate response to RFPs/RFQs from various customers
- Support new XOR engagements as transitional program or operations lead
- Support documentation of all business and workflow processes in this area
- Provides technical consultation in cyber security capability development
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant cyber security and related technologies as assigned
- Serves as liaison with various customers (internal and external)
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs
Candidate must have the required Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in a cyber network defense environment performing analysis and engineer functions and 2 years of experience as a team lead or operations management
- Work independently to design cloud security operations strategy and report progress
- An industry technical certification such as GCIH, MS-SC200 or other MS cloud certifications
- Experience with MS tools such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, SAML, Kerberos, Cisco IOS, MS Server, Azure cloud environments, Incident Handling, Threat hunting experience, fundamental knowledge of IEEE 7 layers
- Experience with deployment and documentation of enterprise project management and change management processes
- Ability to identify solutions to potential network/data/asset issues/embrace network simplification and apply strengthened security methods
- Ability to conduct event triage and analysis and incident investigation
- Write threat reports and incident reports
- Read and ingest various govt. regulations for application to agency environment
- Experience in mentoring and training junior, mid-level, and senior analysts.
- Proficiency in utilizing various packet capture (PCAP) applications/engines and in the analysis of PCAP data.
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- One or more certifications for CND Analysts: GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, GREM, GISF, GMON, GXPN, CHFI, GNFA, CCFP, LPT, CHFI, CSA.
- One or more certifications for a manager: CISSP, PMP, CISM, ITILv3
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation, and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance RequirementApplicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.