Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent. Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us. Barbaricum is seeking a Level 3 SOC Analyst with a deep understanding of information security concepts and their implementation in information technology areas. This individual will perform as the subject matter expert coordinating alert analysis, including senior-level support to Digital Forensics, Incident Response, Cyber Threat Intelligence and Risk Management Teams. This Analyst is also responsible for developing and maintaining Detection Strategies and coordinating with the Data Management team. This position requires a one-year commitment in-country.
- Security organization's subject matter expert in cyber security center, responsible for the technical activities and communication for relevant stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the SOC operations team in the daily activities to assist them in executing the tasks effectively.
- Work closely with all other teams to assist the incident management activities and ensures complete support from SOC to offer any sort of assistance.
- Escalate incidents to communications and Incident response teams with all the findings and analysis investigation findings.
- Proactively involved in SOC continuous improvement from all aspects from improving detection capabilities to internal process improvements.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to keep everyone updated about the investigation’s status through verbal/written communication.
- Proactively search through log, network, and system data to find and identify undetected threats.
- Bachelors in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems
- 10+ years of experience in IT Risk Management or IT, Governance, ISMS
- CISSP, CISM, GISP, GSLC
- Expert in different domains such as security engineering, risk, etc.
- Ability to conduct training sessions and mentoring
- Proven skills in SOC/IR/VAPT/TI/Risk
Additional InformationFor more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com
. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.