- Manually audit the source code of web services and software authored in house by Amazon
- Write proof of concept code to demonstrate the severity of a potential security issue
- Provide clear communication on issues to developers that suggest and help to test the fix
- Partner with AWS developers to drive improvement in application security as a result of security review engagements
- Provide actionable long term risk mitigation guidance
- Conduct independent vulnerability research pertaining to AWS relevant technologies
About UsInclusive Team CultureHere at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Work/Life BalanceOur team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. Mentorship & Career GrowthOur team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Customer Security, or equivalent professional experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in source code auditing, bug hunting or CTF experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience scripting in Python or other equivalent interpreted languages.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with security engineering practices such as in web application security, network security, authentication and authorization protocols, cryptography, automation and other software security disciplines.
For more information, please reach out to to AWS Recruiter, Robert Cahill (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Experience with AWS technologies and services (e.g. S3, Lambda, EC2, KMS, IAM, etc.)
- Experience with bug hunting, bug bounties, capture the flag, software development
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
The pay range for this position in New York is $175,100 - $236,900 however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York Pay Transparency Law. Base pay information is based on market location.Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.