We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us prime target on the internet. Security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale worldwide. Crucial to scaling is building and running a security compliance program that reflects how we protect the data and assets in our care, to open the doors with customers, regulators, auditors, and other external stakeholders. If you love working with fast paced companies to build security compliance engines from the ground up and create positive change across the business, we’d like to speak with you about joining our team.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of International Security within EMEA. Your role includes: building a team to support ongoing business demands and continued expansion across EMEA while coordinating with APAC and LATAM peers. Collaborate with teams across the company to design, understand, meet our security and technology requirements within EMEA, while directly supporting our German business.
- Support ongoing EMEA security and technology activities and facilitate company growth / expansion into new regulated jurisdictions.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement on service management of critical outsourced services providers including SLA reporting on Technology, Security and Data services
- Establish and execute quarterly, annual security GRC objectives for Coinbase EMEA and develop and execute program maturity models for continuous program improvements.
- Monitor evolution and changes in EMEA and international security standards and guidance, advise team and stakeholders on impact
- Drive compliance against technology regulatory requirements including: EBA ICT & SRM, BAIT, CBI Cyber Security.
- Serve as one of the primary security touchpoints with EU regulatory bodies
- Lead product launch reviews focusing on technology and security requirements and associated risks
- Lead EMEA technology risk assessments , manage risk treatment and monitor and report outcomes to EMEA entities
- Partner with your global Security colleagues to create culture change and ensure security best practices company wide are reflected in Coinbase US and International activities
- 10+ years of experience in security or technology governance, risk, or compliance with experience leading and/or building a team of Full Time employees and when required contractor support.
- 4+ years of experience working within Financial Services or FinTech
- Track record of implementing security standards or frameworks including at least three of the following: EBA ICT and Security Guidelines, BAIT, CBI Cyber, FCA SYS15, ISO 27001, NIST CSF
- Experience in reporting technology and security posture to senior stakeholders
- Prior experience working closely with auditors and external regulators
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and are energized by bringing order to lots of moving parts
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams: Product Engineering, Enterprise Risk, Legal, Data Governance, Customer Experience and Compliance, previous experience working with various global sites to implement coordinated efforts.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills that enable you to proactively build relationships, inform others, and clearly explain security requirements to any team
Nice to haves:
- You have a relevant BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- One of more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, or other relevant certifications
- Experience working within Cloud native environments
- Experience working with global regulators
- Fluency in German
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.