Senior Engineering Manager, JSM Virtual Agent
Working at AtlassianAtlassians have flexibility in where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.Are you a maker who loves to build teams and products to solve real problems for customers? Atlassian is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join Jira Service Management to lead our Virtual Agent program.Jira Service Management's virtual agent, powered by conversational AI, automates support interactions and empowers service teams to deliver exceptional support at scale. Powered by LLMs and purpose-built ML models, the virtual agent is a flagship experience for the new Atlassian Intelligence.You will work closely with our product management and design team to deliver rapidly and incrementally, experiment to explore new ideas, and focus on continuous improvement in every aspect of what we do. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you – mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
- You have experience leading a high-performing team of engineers, including managing and shipping cross-functional or multi-team projects.
- You enjoy collaborating with Product Management and UX Design on the product discovery & delivery lifecycle.
- You have a passion for understanding customers and their needs, and encourage engineers to do the same.
- You've done frontend and backend application development on a SaaS product with current tools & technologies (React, GraphQL, Kotlin, etc). You're endlessly curious about the technologies your team works with and strive to keep your technical knowledge sharp — but you also feel comfortable knowing your greatest impact won't be as a technical contributor.
- You’re able to spar with senior engineers on systems design, pulling from your background as a hands-on engineer.
- You place a tremendous value on good communication and appreciate async- and remote-friendly working practices. You know how to pick the right communication tool for the problem at hand (chat, video, email, etc.).
- You understand methodologies like Agile, XP, and Lean, and see their value, but don't believe there's only one right way to get work done.
- You are comfortable with the pace and trade offs of early product development. You know how to take care of yourself and your team, get your work done without working around the clock, prioritize ruthlessly, and tolerate a little uncertainty.
- You’re based in Australia with relevant engineering management or leadership experience.
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
- Enable your multi-functional team to ship features quickly and safely as our team grows in size, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success.
- Ability to drive technical and operational excellence, pushing innovation and quality.
- Grow your team members careers and keep them engaged.
- Support your team by holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, and resolving conflicts.
- Be both a technical leader and people manager responsible for guiding your team to make solid technical decisions.
- Help to prioritize and coordinate the team’s work alongside your product management and design peers.
- Continuously improve Halp’s engineering team and processes.
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in SydneyCyber Security Jobs in New South WalesCyber Security Jobs in AustraliaCyber Security Jobs in Oceania