Senior DevOps Engineer (Public Cloud)
Poland - Remote•PolandEurope•March 20, 2023
Rackspace are the multicloud solutions experts. Consistently named a 'best place to work' year-after-year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. As a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud MSPs, we keep the customer at the heart of everything we do and our Fanatical Experience™ is renowned throughout the industry!Using cloud-native approaches based on leading DevOps practices, we work at the forefront of technology to help organisations modernize applications and data, build in the leading security solutions and deploy everything on the right cloud infrastructure for maximum effectiveness. We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer with skills in Public Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) to deliver cloud transformational outcomes into Rackspace’s clients. Ideally, you will have experience working in a consulting role, leading other engineers to deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions. We like people who get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding. We are looking for a strong technical expert, with experience leading world-class teams of engineers on complex projects from inception to delivery. You will join a friendly, highly-collaborative team in Poland with immediate access to the latest certifications and world-class training schemes!
- Design and implementation of scalable software services, alongside engineering and architecture teams.
- Execution of Cloud engineering tasks within migration sprint cycles aligned to best practices and templates within a customer project team.
- Build out of new customer cloud solutions using cloud native components.
- Usage of foundational architecture and components to build out automated cloud environments, CI/CD pipelines and supporting services frameworks
- Present architecture to clients of varying levels, from Developers, Business Analysts and Senior Client Leadership.
- Brief senior leadership and end users at varying levels of familiarity with cloud technologies, about the technology selections, best practices, and benefits.
- Enable major DevOps projects for successful production state
- Lead critical deployments and align with the customer, creating direct value for individual projects.
- Lead technical root cause analysis
- Manage the production change approval process
- You’ll be a strong technical expert, with experience on complex projects from inception to delivery, to deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions. Using your deep technical expertise, you will help customers optimize their workloads by providing application focused assistance to build, deploy, integrate, scale and heal using native Azure and 3rd party toolchains and automation oriented agile principles.
- Through both hands-on and consultative approaches, you will be responsible for supporting customers with tasks including provisioning resources and modifying Cloud environments, performing upgrades, and addressing day-to-day customer issues. You’re happy to get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding.
- A good grounding in infrastructure technology is highly advantageous, as is a programming background. Leveraging personal subject matter expertise, working closely with peers, the role will be accountable for delivering engineering consulting services in a client-facing role, often on-site with customers. You’ll be the voice of Rackspace within the customer.
Skills & Experience
- Proven hands-on experience with Public Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Experience building cloud automation, including CI/CD pipelines using technologies equivalent to Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker.
- Scripting and automation methods such as Terraform, Ansible, Python, YAML, Go.
- Technical skills in as many of these as possible: Public Cloud architecture (Azure), PaaS (Containers, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, FaaS etc.)
- Awareness of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.)
- Network experience, aware of cloud network patterns such as VNET, ExpressRoute, subnets, peering, firewalls, etc.
- Experience of SIEM Administration including the capture and processing of logs and processes.
- Experience collaborating with developers and platform engineers, and continuously optimising infrastructure to remove bottlenecks and improve automation.
- Skills in Powershell, Powershell DSC.
- Previous exposure to large-scale system design.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies and can articulate best practice approaches and practices.
- Strong communication skills, customer facing experience desirable.