The InfoSec team is led by our CISO and comprises of four pillars; Information Security Officers, Offensive Security, Defensive Engineering and Security Operations.
The Security Operations team is newly formed and empowered to deliver our detection and response capability for threat management, to continually protect our customers, platform and business.
We are expanding the Security Operations team extensively, and this is an exciting role as part of an advanced detection and response team. You will have the opportunity to shape and develop engineering-centric approaches and solutions to security problems. We don't believe the 'traditional SOC' model continues to be effective and efficient, and our vision challenges this with autonomic security operations, to improve our ability to withstand security attacks.
As a SecOps Engineer you will own end-to-end threat management within your purview of expertise, to include these core responsibilities:
- Identify and maintain awareness of timely and appropriate threat intelligence (supported by Threat Intel Analyst)
- Plan and co-ordinate data source collection
- Prioritise detection engineering
- Develop new and existing supportive orchestration and automation actions
- Analyse event data to triage severity and priority (supported by our software, platform and IT engineering teams as necessary)
- Conduct technical investigations and response to threats (supported by Security IR Manager).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A background in Security Operations, SOC Analyst, Security Engineer or SRE with experience in one or more of the core SOC function areas and a strong aptitude own and work across them all.
Knowledge inside-out of one (or more) of the following technology domains:
- Containers: Kubernetes, EKS, GKS, AKS and Cilium
- Platform services: Github, Terraform, CoackroachDB, NATS, Postgres and Secrets
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, GCP and Azure
- Endpoints (mainly macOS and Linux)
- Ability to identify threats, onboard data sources, build corresponding detection engineering and develop appropriate enrichment, orchestration and/or automation actions
- Confident analysing and interpreting data from various sources, including endpoints, network devices, applications, and cloud services
- Experience analysing events to triage the issue or find root cause through log and data analysis
- Analytical thinking, attention to detail and curiosity mindsets in interrogating anomalies
- Interest in self-learning, and desire to continually improve
- Willingness to be part of the on-call rota (additionally paid)
- Excitement towards building Autonomic Security Operations
- Demonstrated experience in common tooling including but not limited to: SIEM, SOAR and EDR.
- Experience conducting proactive technical investigations and response to threats
- Ability to develop custom scripting for orchestration and automation actions
- Experience contributing use cases and detection engineering into a use case database
- Knowledge of, and experience applying, models of threat actor behaviour such as MITRE ATT&CK framework and Cyber Kill Chain.
- 30 days holidays plus public holidays
- 100% remote work
- Flexible working arrangements
- Statutory benefits
- Health & wellness allowance
- Remote working equipment allowance
- Primary caregiver leave
- Learning days, Udemy and educational reimbursement etc.
- Mental Health support via Spill
- Perlego subscription
- Full details available on our careers page
Form3 appreciates that we all lead different and often really busy lives. We work remotely 100% of the time and many of us work part time. If you’re interested in hearing what different flexible working arrangements may be available, we’d love to chat.
We are able to accept applications from the following countries;
Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Portugal, Romania & United Kingdom.
We are an award-winning cloud-native payment technology provider for financially regulated institutions. Launched in 2016, we've doubled in size year on year as we continue to redefine what a truly instant payment experience means.We celebrate diversity, promote entrepreneurialism and are committed to giving everyone a say in shaping our business. Here you will grow as a person and accomplish incredible things. A career at Form3 is empowering, inspiring and fun. Join us and help shape the future of payments.
At Form3 we embrace equal opportunity and are committed to building a diverse team of exceptional individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status and it is our strong belief that the more inclusive we are as a business, the better our work will be.
As an inclusive employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this role. We encourage all candidates who consider themselves to have a disability to notify us of any reasonable adjustments that may be required during the recruitment process. This includes providing job adverts in alternative, accessible formats or adjustments required at interview stage.
If you consider yourself to have a disability under the UN definition and would like to be considered under this scheme and/or require any reasonable adjustments please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com clearly stating your consent for us to process this data.
For more information please refer to our Recruitment Data Policy.