Senior Android Engineer, UI Platform Mobile
Bengaluru, India•BangaloreKarnatakaIndiaAsia•June 10, 2023
Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.We are the UI Platform Developer Experience team. Atlassian is looking for a Software Engineer to design and maintain our web frontend systems and tools that enable our product teams to deliver great user experiences.Your daily work will help our fellow Atlassian engineers work more productively, deliver effortlessly, and your decisions will improve Atlassian’s overall product quality.We’re looking for passionate engineers interested in building and building core Mobile app systems, components and tooling. Someone who cares about customer feedback (our customers are Atlassian engineers) and strives for the best developer experience.
What you'll do:-
- This team builds the tools hundred of Mobile engineers use daily to ship high-quality work productively. You'll contribute to a core piece of the Atlassian developer experience and touch every aspect of the development lifecycle ranging from faster development environments, code integrations, improving developer experience, ensuring high code quality and more.
- Our team plays a crucial role in the Atlassian platform and developer productivity strategy. You will build guidelines, setting standards and toolings to be applied to the mobile code and changes done at scale.
- 7+ years of experience building large-scale Mobile applications.
- Strong experience with Kotlin and Java programming languages.
- Proficiency in Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with Android Studio, Git, and other development tools.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, Espresso, and Robolectric.
- Experience debugging problems across systems/repositories and designing solutions that scale and span the whole stack.
- System mindset that considers edge cases, observability, error handling, and integration across external systems.
- Grow when working with internal engineer customers and have a deep empathy/service mindset on solving fellow engineer's problems.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with cross functional and cross geo-graphical teams to drive the outcome.
It's great but not required if you have:-
- Experience working on platform teams.
- Bundling and CI-CD experience.
- Package managers and relevant tooling.
- Bash/shell script experience.
- React Native exposure.
- Knowledge of open-source libraries and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building)
- Some industry experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Experience building iOS applications.
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in BangaloreCyber Security Jobs in KarnatakaCyber Security Jobs in IndiaCyber Security Jobs in Asia