KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network, one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to individuals, SMEs, not-for-profit organisations, multi-nationals and government agencies.Our people experience is anchored in a clearly articulated purpose of ‘Fuelling New Zealand’s prosperity’ and our contribution to the shared wealth and lasting well-being for all New Zealanders. In order to deliver this, we must attract, develop and retain the very best people and create a workplace environment in which everyone is able to flourish. We are proud of our reputation for values-driven behaviour that guide our actions and defines what it means to work at and be part of KPMG. We believe in Integrity – We do what is right; Excellence – We never stop learning and improving; Courage – We think and act boldly; Together – We respect each other and draw strength from our differences; and For Better – We do what matters.The Consulting division of KPMG is a significant supplier of advisory and consulting services to clients. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service, which adds recognized value. Advisory is an exciting and challenging environment, which enables our global specialist knowledge to offer management consulting, risk consulting and transactions and restructuring services to our clients.Assignments are often managed on a multi-disciplinary basis utilising the skills and experience of advisors from more than one team or service area. There is an expectation that individuals are able to work outside their service area and across the wider Advisory division should the need arise.
- This role is part of our Risk Consulting team and is responsible to the engagement manager, or delegate, for delivering high quality work on engagements to meet client’s needs.
- The focus will primarily on the delivery of internal audit, while also demonstrating flexibility in working on other consulting projects as required.
Day to day you will:
- Plan overall work requirements of an engagement
- Develop an understanding of clients businesses (e.g. issues they face, markets they operate in, key developments)
- Produce clear and well-presented documents and reports that will be delivered to clients as part of our work
- Develop well-reasoned solutions that recognise the constraints of client’s internal and external environments
- This is a client facing role and you will be expected to meet clients and work collaboratively with them to deliver our services
- You'll also help manage a portfolio of tasks concurrently and work well under pressure to tight deadlines
What you'll bring to our team:
Life at KPMG
- At least 4 years of relevant practical consulting or experience in a risk associated role, with a strong understanding of governance, risk and controls
- Have an ability to think strategically
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and have the confidence to solve problems and to fill gaps in knowledge by questioning, collaborating with others and researching technical and contractual documentation
- Have a logical approach to planning and performing analysis tasks
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and focus on delivering high quality work
- Be a highly motivated team player with strong communication skills including exceptional report writing
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu jabs, subsidised sporting events, access to EAP, additional leave to support you if you are diagnosed with COVID-19, access to e-bikes and other facilities. You will also have access to our Wellbeing@KPMG portal which has an extensive array of health and wellness advice. — Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance as well as access to technology to get your 'home hub' set up.— Work from Overseas policy – extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.— Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers— Unlimited access to digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.— Corporate discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.— Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.— Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.— Time off for volunteering. — Eligibility to our annual discretionary bonus scheme. — Opportunities for local and international secondments. We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.