Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Security Operations Team
We provide the first line of defence across the company to internal and external threats. We clearly understand the capabilities that commercial security tooling provides us and focus on dealing with the rest through detection engineering and other means to keep the company and customers assets safe. We highly focus on the incident response aspect of cyber security and make sure that we have the right tooling in place to deliver the high expectations set by stakeholders.
Is this you?
- You’re passionate about Incident Response and Detection Engineering
- You have been involved in designing and operating SOC team
- You have previous experience of leading and mentoring a diverse team of engineers
- You're comfortable and confident providing input to other teams' priorities
- Wise is rapidly expanding so you know what it takes to keep pace with rapid business growth.
- You enjoy creating an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared, and openness is valued
- Your role will be a combination of coaching and leading a talented team of engineers and doing hands-on contribution
- With a high level of autonomy, you’ll work closely with your engineers, to make both product and project decisions.
- Working with others in the security squad and broader engineering teams on a shared security vision.
- Experience building and leading SOC team
- Hands on experience with Incident Response
- Experience with AWS cloud security
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes security
- Experience with IDS, SIEM, vulnerability scanning solutions
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience in securing networks
- Experience with OS hardening (Windows, Linux, Mac platforms)
- Experience in software engineering (Java, Python, Go)
- Basic understanding of statistics and data analytics
What does success look like?
- You’ll be supporting Platform, User Tech and Product teams to secure their assets to required level
- You’ll ensure that necessary tooling and data is available for Incident Response purposes
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll also have found your place in our mission and you understand our values and how they can guide you doing your best work
- You help Wise achieve its mission by securing the foundation technology layers
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSUs in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏝️ Annual Summer Days Event
- 🏃♀️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our London office.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.