Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, Tier 2 (Western US)
Security Operations Center Analyst, Tier 2 (Western United States)
Do you live and breathe cyber security? Need to work on important problems? Cybereason has an opportunity for you!
Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question “Am I under attack?” proactively, without manual effort. We're expanding our security services and looking for curious, diligent, technical people to help us build out and run our Nocturnus team. As member of this elite team you'll be working closely with some of the best minds in incident response, malware analysis and security research, partnering with the highly skilled defense teams of our customers, and against some of the most advanced adversaries out there.
You will experience and investigate attacks that no one else has seen before.
We value creativity, ingenuity, and persistence in conducting investigations primarily in the Cybereason defense platform. We’re a diverse global team with operation in Boston, Tel Aviv and Tokyo. We conduct plenty of malware reverse engineering, security research, speaking engagements, data analysis, and threat hunting. The Ability to step into the mind of an attacker is a must and being able to predict their next move even more so.
Your day to day will include:
- Participating in various stages of incident investigations
- Engaging in customer facing interactions at all levels from SOC analysts to security executives
- Creating tools and automation to make common tasks more efficient
- Creating / documenting various Security Operations processes
- Providing feedback and ideas to improve Cybereason’s products
On your first day, we'll expect you to be / have:
- 1+ years of experience working in cyber security
- A clear passion and enthusiastic about cyber security
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
- Motivation to constantly improve processes and methodologies
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to dive deep into a problem to provide outcomes for customers
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently as well collaborate within the team
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Solid foundation in: networking, basic cryptography, OS internals such as Windows / Linux / Mac, web basics etc.
- Experience in a CIRT/SOC environment
- Practical experience with threat actor tactical, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Experience with at least one low-level architecture such as ARM, X86, MIPS, etc.
- Experience with threat hunting and threat modeling
- Experience with IT Security tools (e.g., Kali Linux, IDA Pro, Sandbox technology)
- Experience in the offensive arts (attack & penetration tests, CTFs, exploit development, etc.)
Cybereason is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For California Residents: Please View our CCPA Compliance Notice:
CCPA Compliance Notice
More About Cybereason:
Our culture and how we operate reflects in our shared values. Our #Defenders are individuals with diverse skill sets and backgrounds who are driven to innovate and scale with our growing organization. We are a team that strives to learn from each other, solve challenging problems, and work collaboratively toward our goal of reversing the adversary advantage.
- Win As One: The power of an individual is less than the power of a team.
- Ever Evolving: Change keeps us at the forefront, so we encourage it.
- Daring: To achieve the impossible, we must dare to be different.
- Obsessed with Customers: We believe gaining our customers’ trust is the most important part of what we do.
- Never Give Up: We are tenacious and resilient, and we never stop.
- UbU: We believe people can only unlock their full potential when they work somewhere that accepts who they are.
If these values resonate with you and our vision excites you, join us today and help us end cyber attacks from the endpoint to everywhere! #Defenders
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Cybereason we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace (#uBu), so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.