Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
Noida•NoidaUttar PradeshIndiaAsia•March 21, 2023
The Role:The SOC Analyst is a global, groupwide role in ION’s Security function and will support the Group Security strategy and operational excellence through the identification, mitigation and remediation of information security risks to the business. This role reports to the SOC Manager, who reports to the Global Head of IT Security.As a member of the ION Security team, the successful candidate will be responsible monitoring and tuning technical security controls to protect ION’s information technology (IT) systems and networks across the group and will help ION evolve its technical security posture to keep up with the ever-changing security landscape and emerging threats. This role requires shift work in the support of a 24x7 globally coordinated operation. The SOC Analyst’s other responsibilities include meeting KPI targets defined by management and performing the various other duties assigned by the SOC Manager and Global Head of IT Security.We are looking for a hard-working, dedicated, and motivated individual. Excellent communication skills are a must and the role holder will be expected to cultivate working relationships with other teams and colleagues of varying technical ability. The role would suit a technically strong candidate looking to drive forward career progression within a dedicated security team. Ideally the candidate will have come from related security and systems administration roles, focusing on workstation, server and network technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role requires some overnight, weekend and 24x7 on-call activities.
- The primary responsibilities of this role are to: 1) Protect and defend: identify, analyze and mitigate threats to IT systems and/or networks.
- Use defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats.
- Respond to security alerts to mitigate immediate and potential threats. Use mitigation, preparedness, and response and recovery approaches, as needed, to maintain information security and minimize impacts.
- Conduct assessments of threats and vulnerabilities; determine deviations from acceptable configurations, enterprise or local policy; assess the level of risk; and develop and/or recommend appropriate mitigation countermeasures. 2)Operate and maintain: configure, tune, maintain and operate key security controls, technologies, and other risk mitigations.
- As a member of the SOC team, it is expected that the person in this role will:
- Execute ongoing, operational business-as-usual (BAU) tasks to meet management-defined KPIs and SLAs and deliver security projects in line with management-defined priorities and deadlines.
- Stay current with the latest security news, threats, intelligence, tactics, techniques, and vulnerabilities. Research and analyze new threats and vulnerabilities to determine exposure.
- Perform threat hunting and review, triage, investigate and escalate security alerts raised by security tools, technologies, and services (e.g., endpoint security, network security, DLP, SIEM, reported phishing emails, etc.)
- Assist and/or lead efforts to isolate, contain, respond to, and recover from security incidents.
- Identify, review, prioritize, plan, coordinate, and follow-up on the remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Configure, customize, tune, manage, troubleshoot, and maintain to ensure effective and efficient operation of security technologies, such as SIEM, endpoint security, secure web gateway, CASB, DLP, email security, intrusion detection/prevention systems, etc. This may also include scripting, automation, and orchestration across the various platforms.
- Define, document, and follow approved processes for all the responsibilities includes in this job description. Create and maintain documentation for systems, including design and operation.
- Review systems, configurations, and process to ensure and report on compliance with ION policy, client requirements, audit controls, regulations, and industry best practices. Provide best practice security recommendations to IT and other teams within ION, based on review results.
- Respond to information security-related inquiries and requests.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree/diploma/certifications in a technology-related field and/or relevant working experience; highly desired certifications include: PenTest+, Security+, OSCP, CCSP, CEH, GCIH, GMON
- 3+ years' experience in information technology and/or information security
- Must have fundamental programming/scripting capabilities (e.g. python, PowerShell, bash, etc.)
- The following general characteristics are required:
- A team player with the ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Ability to own delegated tasks and see them through to completion
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work to maximize productivity
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and trouble analysis skills
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of:
- Endpoint security concepts, controls, and best practices for workstation (e.g. Windows and Mac) and server (e.g. Windows and Linux) operating systems
- General IT networking concepts, protocols, standards and network security concepts, controls, and best practices
- Cryptography fundamentals and data security controls and best practices
- Forensic investigation techniques
- Prior experience deploying, configuring, managing, and/or operating security technologies is preferred, such as endpoint security (e.g. AV/EPP/EDR), SIEM, DLP, SWG, CASB, UEBA, IDS, IPS, firewalls, IAM/PIM/PAM, vulnerability management, MDM, etc.
Cyber Security Jobs by Category
Full Time jobsForensic jobsSoc Analyst jobsAudit jobsAnalyst jobsManager jobsConsulting jobsWindows jobsCCSP jobs
Cyber Security Jobs by Location
Cyber Security Jobs in NoidaCyber Security Jobs in Uttar PradeshCyber Security Jobs in IndiaCyber Security Jobs in Asia