Security Engineer, Security Incident Response Team (SIRT)
Amazon is seeking qualified Security Engineers to join our innovative, high energy Information Security team. In this role you will work within the Amazon Security Incident Response Team (SIRT). SIRT Security Engineers respond to security events, conduct analysis of threats such as malware and intrusion attempts, and provide security services to safeguard highly sensitive data. They work hands-on with detection systems and vulnerability analysis tools to respond to potential threats to Amazon systems. SIRT Security Engineers are unique individuals prepared to relentlessly resolve security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting root-cause analysis. With your technical expertise, you will be solving security challenges at scale, working to protect the applications powering the most sophisticated e-commerce platform ever built. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of forensics, malware analysis, network security, application security, threat hunting, and threat intelligence.Key job responsibilities
- Responding to security incidents, and coordinating a cohesive response involving multiple teams across Amazon.
- Providing security engineering solutions and support during customer-facing incidents, proactively considering the prevention of similar incidents from occurring in the future.
- Assisting in the development of pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk.
- Identifying and recommending solutions that improve or expand Amazon’s incident response capabilities.
- Working alongside and mentoring Information Security engineers to improve security, reduce and quickly address risk.
- Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research to Amazon, coordinating response as necessary across affected teams.
- Keeping your knowledge and skills current with the rapidly changing threat landscape.
- Participating in a follow-the-sun on-call rotation.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in areas such as incident response, systems security, network, and/or application security.
- Scripting skills (E.g: Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Understanding of best practices in security engineering, including secure development, network security, security operations, systems security, and incident response.
- Technical depth in one or more specialties including: application security, infrastructure security, digital forensics, malware analysis, threat hunting or some combination thereof.
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for their remediation.
- Experience with common security monitoring, log analysis and forensic tools.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt messaging to executive, technical, and non-technical audiences.
- Experience triaging and developing security alerts and response automation, conducting front-line analysis, and providing escalation support.
- 5+ years of information security experience.
- Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of Unix tools and architecture.
- Experience working as part of a Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
- Familiarity/experience with AWS services and security concepts.