Headquartered in Singapore with offices in Germany, Ukraine, and India, Affinidi empowers Data Owners like you and me to control and selectively share our verifiable credentials through decentralized technologies. Affinidi, along with Trustana and GoodWorker, are separate ventures under the LemmaTree Group, founded and funded by Temasek, a global investment firm.
Affinidi partners with governments and stakeholders within the travel and aviation, healthcare, and technology space to build a trusted ecosystem that enables safe travels across the globe. We also deploy decentralized technology and verifiable credentials to global businesses within financial services, to redefine the way they serve organizations and individuals, through Affinidi Finnovate.
As an employer, we’re more than just a workplace. We believe in the strength of our diversity of thought and experiences. We love the journey as much as the destination, and we love belonging to a team that prides itself on mutual respect.
If you're passionate about decentralised technologies, we’d love to speak with you.
About the role
As a Principal Security Engineer at Affinidi, you will take on a significant role by driving security initiatives that are larger in scope, impact, and value, leveraging your influence.
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Security is Job-Zero:Security is your top priority, and you are the type of leader that drives other people to care about security as a top priority as well
- Data-Driven and Analytical:Analyzing and drawing actions based on data and risk analysis
- Strong communicator: You are exceptional at articulating security concepts to all levels of internal and external audiences. You are resourceful, even with tight schedule and limited resources available to you.
- Superior Problem-Solving Skills: Identifying and solving complex problems in a methodological manner. You can dive deep into challenges and can come up with workable solutions for any problem
- Intellectual Curiosity:Possessing innate desire for learning, you understand broad security concepts and ask thoughtful, deliberate questions
- ‘Get job done’ mentality: You are prepared to work with the ambiguity of a start-up environment. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth and ambitious organisation. You can get things done and think about the big picture, while keeping security at the forefront of everything you do
- Influence: Ability to influence without authority, through persuasion, negotiation, and data-driven consensus-building, both inside your domain specialty, and cross-functionally
What you’ll do:
- Own and drive security strategy and influence change across all the organization and products
- Represent Affinidi Security outside the organization as a subject matter expert
- Drive difficult or highly complex security reviews and threat modeling. Assist and direct other team members on challenging security reviews
- Own documentation and procedures for security reviews as well as lead by example for what successful security reviews look like
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise as a security expert to our teams
- Enable automated security testing at scale for our entire platform to identify and proactively resolve vulnerabilities
- Design, architect and develop tooling that helps ship secure code faster
- Drive security issues through the incident response process to ensure risks and compliances are managed
- Be excited and curious, as you define what good looks like for security in a decentralized world
- Work in an exciting startup environment where you can be autonomous and try new things
You should apply if you
- Have 13+ years of experience of relevant experience for the role
- You have vast experience in Security Engineering, Secure architecture design
- You have experience driving roadmaps and building security effective teams
- You are strongly automation driven and a shift–left advocate
- Have strong development or scripting experience and skills
- Have worked with Distributed Systems and Microservices before
- Have strong cryptography knowledge
Our Stack is
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with applied cryptography
- You have experience with data privacy & data security implementations on blockchain & distributed storage platforms for individuals & organizations
What can you expect from us:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive compensation package
- Work within international environment
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours
- Educational Budget
- Urban Sport Membership
- Mobile Allowance
- Home Office Allowance
- Recruiter call
- Technical Assessment
- Cross-functional interview
- Cultural & leadership round
Equal Opportunity Statement
Our company embraces diversity in all of its forms and fosters an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.