Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 221 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. About the Security Operations TeamOur newly formed Security Operations team supports our Detection and Response organization, which aims to reduce the risk of information security threats through rapid detection and effective response to enable and protect Netflix. This is not your traditional tiered Security Operations Center (SOC). This is a team that seeks to define what modern security operations can be, taking a pragmatic and risk-informed approach. We focus on developing automations and other solutions that scale to quickly detect, analyze, and respond to security threats. As one of the early members of our Security Operations team, you will have tremendous influence over its vision, development, implementation, and operations. About the Role We are looking for a curious and innovative Security Engineer with a passion for information security operations, developing automations, and investigating security threats. You will build and maintain tools, automations, runbooks, analytics, dashboards, and metrics to support rapid detection, triage, analysis, and response to potential security threats. You will be responsible for responding to and investigating security events and proactively hunting for malicious activity across the organization.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You possess a breadth of knowledge and experience across the information security domain, such as endpoint security, identity management, cloud security, detection engineering, vulnerability management, incident response, and threat intelligence.
- You have hands-on experience investigating security events and incidents across complex and heterogeneous environments, preferably including AWS.
- You have developed and deployed security tools and automations.
- You have experience in building and maintaining security data pipelines.
- You work well with others, see the value of a team, and partner effectively with all stakeholders.
We are looking for thoughtful security professionals who enable our mission and support our culture of freedom and responsibility. You can learn more about life at Netflix by watching our security talks or exploring our open-source work. Don't meet every single requirement? That's ok! If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.